Looking for a Guide in Northumberland, England

MCourtney

Just Hatched
Forum Supporter
Planning travel to North East England in Spring/early summer and we'll have a couple of days to fish. We have lodging in Newcastle upon Tyne, near Northumberland National Park and well known rivers.

I'm looking for guide recommendations from this group, especially for guides you have fished with. I have done some research on the web and found a small number of guides in the area.

We'll have a vehicle and we will bring wading boots (alum. bars, no felt), and rent/use waders, rods, etc. from the guide.
Thanks,
Mike

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I am jealous. I wish you a fantastic time. A report would be amazing.

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
My friend in Oxford suggested Jonathan Barnes in Newcastle. You might try searching him…

just looked, he’s on YouTube and in LinkedIn

Last edited:

Cliff

Steelhead
My friend in Oxford suggested Jonathan Barnes in Newcastle. You might try searching him…

just looked, he’s on YouTube and in LinkedIn
My ancestors once owned a small castle in Somerset (Nunney Castle). I might be visiting there in June and wouldn't be fun to fly fish while I'm there. I don't think there's really any desirable moving water near Nunney, though.

Triggw

Steelhead
Not quite in Newcastle, but not too far. I fished with Geoff Johnston out of Carlisle on the River Eden. Good guide and had a very nice day even thought it was cold and windy.