Lithium jumpstarter powerpack

Zak

Legend
My car battery died and it was parked in an inconvenient place to jump it with my wife's vehicle. I took hers to Costco and got this for about $125.

PXL_20240108_000632658.MP.jpg

After changing it (via USB) overnight, it jumped my Forester easily. It's light and also has a light, air compressor with programmed cut off, charging ports for devices, and a regular AC outlet. I'm not sure how long you could run a blender, though.

It will replace the 12V corded air compressor that lives in in my car now. I already have lots of air nozzle adapters, so hopefully it will handle my float tube, too.

I'm pretty pleased with it so far, after a whole day of use.

Last edited:

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I've got one of these Type S jump starters and it's served me well.

https://amzn.to/48GUDMW

And I see that NoCo has a line of jumpstarters. I've been very pleased with other NoCo products, so I'd probably buy one of those if I needed another:

https://amzn.to/48GUGbA

Reactions: Zak

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I can't see your photos...
yeah, I'm not sure what is going on there. Looking into it

EDIT: changed to links. Not sure what is up with Amazon.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I've had the NoCo one for a while. Saved my ass once when I tripped the overhead on my way out of the truck. Then my neighbor was using it so much I gifted her one for Xmas.

They are also great for extended floats. Charged my phone 5 times on a 10 float last fall.

Dragon Mo

Keep Calm - Drink More Whisky
Forum Supporter
I keep one in every vehicle I own. Saved my bacon several times. (2016 Outbacks have parasitic battery drain issues along with charging issues)

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Project Farm had a good report on the Audew (*now named Andeman) lithium jump starter.

My brother also told me that he had one and liked it so I bought one. I've had to use it twice due to a car door being left ajar.

*The Andeman branded jump starter is available on Amazon.
Amazon product ASIN B09N37C4LGTo admins, Amazon link now displays, added a comment-suggestion in Site Bugs, Improvements, Suggestion Thread

Last edited:

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Nicer than jumper cables indeed! I have a 16,500 mAh jump starter that only weighs 1.8 pounds. It will start my Outback, my Ram truck and my diesel tractor, what an improvement over lugging around a 12v lead acid battery.

The battery technology is just amazing, I recently bought a tiny portable air compressor which only weighs about 1.5 pounds that was able to add about 3 psi to all of my tires and only used about 25% of it's capacity. With few air hoses readily available anymore and the ones that are out there charging you for air, having a portable air source is almost a necessity.

And I bought an amazing spotlight that throws a blinding beam up to 4,000' and has a battery life of 18 to 36 hours! It has a 15,500 mAh battery and like the jump starter and inflater is USB charged. It also has USB out so I routinely charge my Bluetooth headset and speaker from it. An engineering marvel, it has a kick stand to hold it up, a tripod mount so you can use it on any tripod, a lanyard and a dual intensity side light so it can be used as an area light on a picnic table or whatever. Also a belt loop and an emergency flasher that puts out brilliant flashing red and blue lights like you see on a cop car. Quite a nice piece of equipment for around $35. And only weighs 1 1/2 pounds.

Zak

Legend
Nicer than jumper cables indeed! I have a 16,500 mAh jump starter that only weighs 1.8 pounds. It will start my Outback, my Ram truck and my diesel tractor, what an improvement over lugging around a 12v lead acid battery.

The battery technology is just amazing, I recently bought a tiny portable air compressor which only weighs about 1.5 pounds that was able to add about 3 psi to all of my tires and only used about 25% of it's capacity. With few air hoses readily available anymore and the ones that are out there charging you for air, having a portable air source is almost a necessity.

And I bought an amazing spotlight that throws a blinding beam up to 4,000' and has a battery life of 18 to 36 hours! It has a 15,500 mAh battery and like the jump starter and inflater is USB charged. It also has USB out so I routinely charge my Bluetooth headset and speaker from it. An engineering marvel, it has a kick stand to hold it up, a tripod mount so you can use it on any tripod, a lanyard and a dual intensity side light so it can be used as an area light on a picnic table or whatever. Also a belt loop and an emergency flasher that puts out brilliant flashing red and blue lights like you see on a cop car. Quite a nice piece of equipment for around $35. And only weighs 1 1/2 pounds.
Would you mind sharing a link to the spotlight? Sounds like something I want to have!

Last edited:

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Would you mind sharing a link to the spotlight? Sounds like something I want to have!
Zak, I bought my spotlight back in 2021 and just noticed that it is no longer available on Amazon. But if you Google "Anlook spotlight" you will see the model I bought and some similar models to choose from. Current price seems to be around $40.

Zak

Legend
Zak, I bought my spotlight back in 2021 and just noticed that it is no longer available on Amazon. But if you Google "Anlook spotlight" you will see the model I bought and some similar models to choose from. Current price seems to be around $40.
Thank you, Ive!

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
A friend has 2 milk crates with a battery, jumper cables, oil, tranny fluid, wiper blades, antifreeze, water, brake fluid, grease gun, washer fluid, mini compressor, fix a flat can, flare kit, bag of tools, ratchet straps and other misc stuff in the trunk of his car.
He is never one for periodic maintenance, he prefers to be reactive instead of proactive.
AAA is a great investment, thou he would rather wait for shit to fail.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
yeah, I'm not sure what is going on there. Looking into it

EDIT: changed to links. Not sure what is up with Amazon.
Just to answer this: I got notice that the plugin we used to show amazon links as preview tiles has been broken basically. Amazon did an update that broke the code and the developer who made the app we used isn't going to fix it. So it'll just be links now.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Project Farm had a good report on the Audew (*now named Andeman) lithium jump starter.

My brother also told me that he had one and liked it so I bought one. I've had to use it twice due to a car door being left ajar.

*The Andeman branded jump starter is available on Amazon.
Amazon product ASIN B09N37C4LGTo admins, Amazon link now displays, added a comment-suggestion in Site Bugs, Improvements, Suggestion Thread

BTW, I don't remember how long it had been since I had charged my Audew - Andeman before I used it the last time but it was several-many months and was at 88% charge. It started the car right up in the garage with a TOTALLY dead battery that had gone overnight with the rear hatch slightly ajar-dome light on but would it have worked outside in the cold after several hours-few days???
So a tip: (besides looking - possibly waiting a few seconds for the dome light to turn off after closing the doors💡...) take a moment to check the charge every time you check or change oil. The Audew shows the charge when the power button is pressed and automatically shuts off after 10 seconds

Last edited: