Lings

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Anyone do any toothy critter damage today on the opener, gear or fly?
SF

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
I wish, family obligations have kept me buisy since Wednesday, have had me slammed. Hopefully next weekend!

Smalma

Life of the Party
My son and myself try to hit the lings a couple times a season. Things aligned this year allow us to fish the opener this year. Fished central sound out of Shilshole with gear putting two into the box.

Quite a bit of pressure with reasonable success; fish checks look to be about 1/2 fish/boat/. Decent numbers of sublegal being reported caught, a positive sign for coming years.

Curt

Last edited:

Smalma

Life of the Party
Tonight's dinner was pan fried ling cod pieces dredged in flour, dipped in egg wash, and dredged in panko for the main course with steamed fresh asparagus and fried diced Yukon gold potatoes and onion as sides. Also served a fresh Baguette and a glass of white wine; one of my favorite PNW fish dinners!

Curt

Bagman

Steelhead
Tonight's dinner was pan fried ling cod pieces dredged in flour, dipped in egg wash, and dredged in panko for the main course with steamed fresh asparagus and fried diced Yukon gold potatoes and onion as sides. Also served a fresh Baguette and a glass of white wine; one of my favorite PNW fish dinners!

Curt
Come on man your making me dream of just that dish, with some fry’s please add some fry's next time.

ThatGuyRyRy

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I got an open seat for the morning swing tomorrow morning. 5:30 start, done by 8:30. PM me if interested.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Lings are year round in Oregon, but we don't have the Puget Sound to make winter trips easy.

First flat day after the new boat gets its shakedown runs in, I'm out there.

(one of my four runs out last year for lings)
1651605371347.png

Last edited:

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Lings are year round in Oregon, but we don't have the Puget Sound to make winter trips easy.

First flat day after the new boat gets its shakedown runs in, I'm out there.

(one of my four runs out last year for lings)
View attachment 13365
Why are a few of those fish missing eyeballs? On-the-water snacks?

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Why are a few of those fish missing eyeballs? On-the-water snacks?
My buddies for some reason wanted to mark "their" fish. I mean they're all the same size so I don't get it either.

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
@NRC joined me for a quick pre work ling trip this morning. Fishing was decent and a mix of conventional and fly.

And success!!! First on the fly!
View attachment 13426

Couple other shorties this morning too.
View attachment 13427

All needed to grow another couple inches.
Nice getting after them with you today! It was a four species day - sculpin, flounder, rockfish, and ling. Could have easily been five if the blackmouth had cooperated. Gotta love the Sound!