Letcher Lambuth's Spiraled Cane rod?

Dave Westburg

Fish the classics
Forum Supporter
Dave if possible I would like to take a look at Lecther’s book.
Dennis, I'd be happy to lend you my copy of Letcher's book which is also called The Anglers Workshop. Wonder if it's the same book you have. Maybe you can figure what the olympic peninsula stream Lambuth refers to on page 168 of the book: a small stream with a gorge near Grays Harbor with rainbows and cutts up to 21 inches and occasionally steelhead - but that's for a private message. :)

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

Last edited:

Denwor54

Life of the Party
When I received my Anglers Workshop book I was a little confused as I thought I was buying Letchers book and realized it was from 1908 and it was the inspiration for Letchers book. Now I have both and have a ton of studying to do. The original is a wealth of history and definitely gives me some knowledge of the many ways to build bamboo rods and materials knowledge. I have just started to dive into Letchers book and time to deep dive into the spiral concept. And I now know why he went that route was for longer rods which is my goal for some future single hand rods in the 9 1/2 to 10 1/2 length.461B862A-1936-465F-A173-C28F65729CC4.jpeg433D649D-EA1F-4DE4-BB0D-C51DDE558F5B.jpeg