latest WDFW Weekender Report

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
I just received this from WDFW’s monthly newsfeed, and am thoroughly disgusted by it. Apparently the state seems just fine with it.

Is the fish in the photo the new goal, and what we should all aspire to?

E4798F6A-970D-410D-81AB-F432031207D1.jpeg

Last edited:

the_chemist

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Meh, a fish surveyer holding a big spawned out chum is what it is. Fish counts and marking reds are a good use of resources. That sometimes includes netting and counting fish which has photo opportunities like these.

They also stated chum in the caption, don't know why you dialed in on brawny chinook.

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
You’re correct, it’s a big, beautiful dog salmon.
I tested positive for Covid yesterday and I’m going to blame my error on a super semi functioning foggy brain.

What a gorgeous specimen they chose to promote salmon fishing though, right?

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Nice "chrome coho"... LOL

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I'm assuming it was a joke photo more than anything. Or a "look what the fish counters find!" type of thing.

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
I'm assuming it was a joke photo more than anything. Or a "look what the fish counters find!" type of thing.
Except they provide no context to that affect when you read the text that was sent along with the photo.

It just seems to me that if they want to encourage folks to get out there to pursue salmon, they certainly could have come up with a more worthy example.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Except they provide no context to that affect when you read the text that was sent along with the photo.

It just seems to me that if they want to encourage folks to get out there to pursue salmon, they certainly could have come up with a more worthy example.
Ehhhh, I still think it's a failed joke. Like, they thought everyone would know that this person is holding a spawned out chum, and not something you'd actually catch.

But who knows.

the_chemist

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
It could just be them stoked to find a big chum. I mean this was toted around as a good sign for California salmon a few years back. I wouldn't pick up a big nasty chum, but I'd probably get s pick with this gnarly thing. 2992763073_6dd87c08f9_o.jpg