Latest from Hotrodz of Burien.....

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
I just finished a 7’ two piece 4/5 wt Granger Hotrod for my friend Chris. It has a stiffer dry fly action, darkened cane, fiberglass ferrule, vintage agate stripper, lite snake guides, red wraps with black trim, Granger shaped grip and a vintage down locking metal reelseat similar to Granger’s.
CB943952-57A8-4B60-A91C-4B5A22DAD61F.jpeg

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
Looks real nice, Steve!

Chris M

Steelhead
Meet up with Steve and friends Wednesday at a lake between us and fished my new Hot Rod.
Its a very handsome rod matching the Granger Champions that I have. The workmanship is superb. It scales at 4.0 oz and is my first 7 foot bamboo. Its faster than my Grangers but not up to a graphite . Took no time to adjust to the 7 foot. The rod handled feisty 18 inch rainbows as well as good feel with 8 inch Brookies. It was very windy so I used a WF5F Slyk and it felt great. On a calmer day I might try a 4 wt. Nice flex into the butt section, no ferrule dead spot, and guide spacing is spot on. There is good power and I can cast a dry fly as far as I need or want to, after all I still want to see the fly on the water. I'm not a great caster but this rod might even make me look good. I like it a lot and this rod will stay in the family after I'm gone. Thanks ever so much Steve.