Lake trip tomorrow? (9/15/23)

Phil K

AKA Philonius
Forum Supporter
I plan on jamming out to a local high lake tomorrow. Close to N Bend, about 2k' elevation gain on good trail; nothing too gnarly. The weather looks glorious. I could even loan someone a floatie.

PM me if you're interested.

Phil K

AKA Philonius
Forum Supporter
Carpe Diem.

I fished the upper of these lakes two weeks ago and kind'a regretted skipping the lower one. I've taken to disliking unfinished business so headed out today to check this one out. I was hoping @Dekartes could join me, but his work (that's a four letter word) interfered.

Anytime I'm doing much off trail I wear long pants as a brush repellant, but assumed there would be a trail to this lake. If there is, I sure didn't find it. Instead, I found Devil's Club, Salmonberry, and slippery moss over boulders. It was a full on thrash, and I scraped the crap out of my lower legs. (I decided to spare you the picture.)

First lake sighting is alway a rush.

IMG_7163.jpeg

Fine day to be on the water.

IMG_7165.jpeg

Stocking report had me expecting numerous modest sized fish, but nope. I think I only landed four, but they were all quality fish in the 14-15" range. Intermediate line with a Carey Special / Halfback dropper nymph setup. They seemed to like both.

IMG_7174.jpeg

Very cool spot for something so close to Pugetopolis.

IMG_7180.jpeg

I may have to go back, but find a better approach.