NFR Kraken

Non-fishing related

gpt

Smolt
took in my first game last night vs LA Kings. 4 minute penalty followed by a 2 minute penalty, power play time, 3 vs 5. result, zip!!!! the Kraken have a long way to go to be considered a legitimate NHL team. you can't win games with slap shots, a team effort focused on offensive play is totally missing. but 'climate change arena' is a must see, just amazing and the sound system is 'plate rattlin' amazing.

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
As a half season ticket holder, I had a blast going and watching them play! Frustrating at times yup, Super exciting at times YUP! So really looking forward to next season already!

I have had some fun conversations this year with a couple of my "sports nerds" friends (I am not a sports follower just like the game of hockey - played baseball and soccer) they trash talked the Kraken in the first season but have watched those great Mariners forever and the Seahawks (took um 7 years to get into playoff running).

I will just keep watching a game that is exciting and fun to watch!

Let's go Kraken!

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Kraken have had some fun games to watch this season. But they have also been a pretty typical expansion team and lost a lot. They made a few misteps setting up the team perhaps (grubauer for example). But the people that expected them to be the Golden Knights 2.0 didn't understand how badly people got fleeced when vegas was an expansion team. And that wasn't going to happen again.

So here's to hoping their longer term plan to build a team works out in a few years. I'm happy to have an NHL team in seattle and look forward to it. Meanwhile, I can watch the Canucks on ESPN+ since I'm no longer in their "territory" and the games aren't blacked out.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
With their record, i would pull my goalie adding the offensive player.....they can't get much worse.
Fire the coach and get a goalie that doesn't resemble swiss cheese.

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
Went to my first Kraken game tonight..preseason against Edmonton Oilers. Their stars were not playing..and I am sure Kraken players were not there as it was the first preseason game for the Kraken.

Did see this amazing goal right in front of us. The goalie had the assist on this super wraparound. First time in the redo of the old Coliseum. $50+ parking..just a step into the future I guess of pro sports. A lot of flash and constantly watching people and kids hamming it up for hundreds of shots live on the big screens. Meh. I guess I am too old to be enthused about that in my late 50's.

Still love to watch live hockey though

Last edited:

Divad

Whitefish
I went to one game last year and it felt like a senior center comparatively to other hockey games I’ve been at.

They made the right decision this year reducing ticket price. In order to have a successful atmosphere on the ice you need diverse attendance, not just $300 seat buyers.