Kind of slowing down

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Well it looks like the newness is starting to wear off. You all need to get out and fish. Here in Montana winter is still upon us. Got about 3" of snow last night. And just when I was thinking of going out to. Supposed to get down into the teens starting Monday. So you all know I ain't going anywhere.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I'm going fishing Friday morning - I'll be launching my pram instead of that old Hewes. Hope the "W" is relatively calm as it can get very choppy outside of the crown buoys. Three other forum members will be there as well.
DSCF1804.JPG
Next week the nighttime lows drop into the teens again, melted ice?

Flymph

Steelhead

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I'm carless, and letting my back heal. The kids are upsizing cars and they got so much selling private vs. trade they have my safe volvo while the new one comes in. Hopefully this weekend. It's an inconvenience but it was like $12,000 difference. Then I'll probably overpost.:)

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I'm carless, and letting my back heal. The kids are upsizing cars and they got so much selling private vs. trade they have my safe volvo while the new one comes in. Hopefully this weekend. It's an inconvenience but it was like $12,000 difference. Then I'll probably overpost.:)
Tie up some stuff with that new vise 😀

JACKspASS

Life of the Party
Well being that this is Montana that I live in, most of our lakes have a covering of ice on them. The sun might shine here but it isn't warm. And no, I don't want to move to a warmer climate.

Hey @Old Man, when the weather has you down in the dumps, have a shot of whiskey, jump in your time machine and set the date to 1963 and go back to the Pilchuck River and wrestle one of them big chromers on a mid Feb day, with the sun warming your back. That's what I do.... @Salmo_g was it 1963 or 67?

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
It kinda needed to slow down a bit, there was so much new content and old content being transfered it was hard to keep up. Don't want to miss anything or have some thing not get the attention it deserves.

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
@Old Man - you need to start perusing the salt forum more often. Lots of us in western WA are not slowed down by winter. Put the Puget Sound thread on your watchlist. A few fish from the last couple months to help get you through the cold snap your in…..;)

9D37BEF8-CCBC-490B-974B-8A6D5CD8EAE8.jpeg

65026D08-EA33-4B67-8696-1E50D8635F81.jpeg

67623063-1305-43D5-B7C2-298CB2486F85.jpeg

45D10F52-6679-4CF3-A8D0-9EDDD0661D57.jpeg

AFDE6CE3-0E8E-4EDC-A441-6BC1D802FF82.jpeg

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
I've been traveling the last 4 days.. my wife and I both had Monday- Thursday off so we used Valentines day to do one of our hairbrained road trips.. went to diamond crater state park in AR.
Now in Clinton OK. on our way home.

B

bennysbuddy

Thanks @Salmo_g, I will dial the Time Machine in from '62 to '72. I wouldn't mind a few days in the 80's for those Skamania summer hatchery fish, you know, the evil hatchery fish that were 30+" long and jumped several times at eye level.
I use Professor Peabody's wayback machine, to transfer back to the early 60's for steelhead fishing & fish with Rocky and Bullwinkle