Just leaving this here - not to start anything

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Seeger-Effect™ is still in play - gusty wind and, for a ten minutes or so, it snowed pretty hard in Ephrata. Some big cumulus in the distance, I'm waiting for lightning and thunder. A few trout were playing:
IMG_3644.jpg

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Too cold, windy, and snowy for the parents and grand kids after the sleepover so I went by myself to laugh at bobber down. Very short cast but worked to start. Fish your feet first.
20240302_snow_wind.jpg
15 in the first hour on the stupid stocker leech with orange, 23 in the next hour for chartreuse, third hour I fished other stuff with just a few players, and finished up the day with chartruse.
20240302_flies.jpg
2.5 to the pound for the most part.
20240302_Chart_ssl_fish.jpg

Last edited:

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I didn't take many pics today, but this one was a pretty fish.
1000003268.jpg
14" and really fat.

I used the same top fly all day. Had to replace tippet a few times because of tangles...yeah, it was that sort of morning, but never lost it. Towards the end it looked like this and they were still eatin it. No marabou tail or collar left. Just dubbing, black Krystal Flash and the beat up MFC Lucent orange tungsten bead.
1000003269.jpg

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
He has a really great wheel system for it.
How busy was the boat launch? I wonder if there were fewer bank anglers than "normal" because of the weather? Any intel on the lake requiring the long hike down and even longer hike back up? Brrrrr.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
This was my favorite badass fish of the weekend. Caught him this afternoon. Some fish are just more badass than others.. You know the type- Major attitude, multiple jumps, took line like 4 times, etc.
And it helps being nearly 17" and fat.
Missing a fin, but look at that prop! He definitely used it.
20240303_132718.jpg

Great opener. Great to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones too!

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Well, the flakes are now quarter sized and really starting to pile up.

It doesn't look like I'll make it this year. I have to attend "Introduction to Diabetes Class" and then meet with a Nutritionist to learn how to eat right. As you might guess my cookie intake has been drastically reduced!
Fortunately all my cardiovascular tests came out positive which means all my other trips are still on the schedule. :)