It's too early, but...

Millsfly

Steelhead
I just called the FPC, and I'm not the only one to question that number..... look at the wild component. it's the lowest I've ever seen by percentage. The previous 7 days was 29-42%. Yesterday was sub 9 (8.7). I am guessing it's error imput but lets hope not

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Hmm, looks like a possible goof to me. Guess we'll see if they keep it on there.

Reactions: JS

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Unclipped is matching 10 year average-
1656453172406.png

The Steelhead overall is still jacked up and they haven't reported 6/27 yet. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say by tomorrow or Thursday they'll have it fixed and it will probably line up with 10 year trend. But...fingers crossed that spike is real. Hopefully springers set a trend!

davew

Just Hatched
It looks like a bad number to me. The number of sockeye going over Bonneville is nuts (30-40K/day the last couple of days). I'm willing to bet that some of the sockeye were miscounted as steelhead.

Reactions: JS

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Unclipped is matching 10 year average-
View attachment 20416

The Steelhead overall is still jacked up and they haven't reported 6/27 yet. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say by tomorrow or Thursday they'll have it fixed and it will probably line up with 10 year trend. But...fingers crossed that spike is real. Hopefully springers set a trend!
Thanks for posting these.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
It looks like a bad number to me. The number of sockeye going over Bonneville is nuts (30-40K/day the last couple of days). I'm willing to bet that some of the sockeye were miscounted as steelhead.
Sockeye are going crazy! I might need to buy some downriggers. :ROFLMAO:

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Downriggers aren't the preferred method. Either plunk spin n glos with coon shrimp tight to the bank or troll kokanee rigs on banana weights in the Brewster pool.
Has anyone ever tried lead-core line on fly rods in a place like the Brewster pool or Lake Wenatchee? I know guys do for kokanee.
I have some stashed somewhere from a Lake Sammamish experiment.
Might have to throw it on a spool and experiment pulling it around on the 8wt. :unsure:

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
So is there a chance in hell the Methow opens this year? I’ll be there if hell freezes over.

JS

Mankie Old Chum
Forum Supporter
Actually those fish will swim past the snake river dams. That’s because they take a left turn before they get to the snake river dams.
The sockeye for sure, steelhead not so much.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Should hit the magic number for a D season tomorrow. After seeing the canyon water for the first time in 10 on a May trout trip I'm pretty excited to go back in the fall. Plus I'll be able to go trout spey fishing again soon.

DKL

Steelhead
Looking like it was indeed too early.