Interesting Food/Gardening/foraging/food preservation/DIY Youtube channel

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Found this Youtube channel playing at a local sushi spot. In a nutshell, this young girl lives on a rural Sichuan farm with her grandma. She (and I'm sure a large/unseen support staff) grow a huge variety of crops and livestock. She also forages for wild foods, firewood, and anything useful. Then cooks incredibly delicious looking, wood-fired dishes. She also builds things like an outdoor oven, fences, rock walls, bamboo furniture, arbors, etc... using available materials with very little, to no purchased hardware. We like it as a relaxing wind-down after a long day at work. DIY'ers be warned!

Last edited:

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
I'm sure that contributes to her 50M+ viewer base. Fortunately, her smarts and resourcefulness are the true stars of the show.
Yea, I've seen the silk blanket video she did. She is definitely the most professionally done vlog of that style. There's a lot of SE Asian vlogs that are wilderness cooking/survival shelter camping style that are set up like thirst traps so it's hard to sort through and watch without the youtube algorithm screwing you, I can only be slapped so many times🥴

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
She's not hard to look at either 👏
In all reality, that's likely a huge contributor to the success. She has a full production team and the channel generates a lot of revenue selling merchandise for her brand and all that... which led to a lot of legal battles because she never really saw any of the money.

In any case, it's actually a really, really wholesome channel and great to have on in the background during stuff around the house.

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
One thing I'm jealous of is having access to giant bamboo. Such an incredibly useful/versatile material (not just for fly rods).

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
In all reality, that's likely a huge contributor to the success. She has a full production team and the channel generates a lot of revenue selling merchandise for her brand and all that... which led to a lot of legal battles because she never really saw any of the money.

In any case, it's actually a really, really wholesome channel and great to have on in the background during stuff around the house.
It is a great innocent channel. I just get pissed off at YouTubes algorithm. It seems anything more hunting/fishing/sports/outdoors oriented you watch they slip in some thirst traps in the suggestions which really doesn't help when your scrolling on the big screen eating dinner and all of a sudden it's bikini bowfishing, or tits camping in the snow van life hour:rolleyes:

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
It is a great innocent channel. I just get pissed off at YouTubes algorithm. It seems anything more hunting/fishing/sports/outdoors oriented you watch they slip in some thirst traps in the suggestions which really doesn't help when your scrolling on the big screen eating dinner and all of a sudden it's bikini bowfishing, or tits camping in the snow van life hour:rolleyes:
Hah, seriously. In all honesty, I consume little to no fishing media. Watching people fish in videos just never did anything for me. So, thankfully, my suggestions are thirst-trap-free. Most mine are cooking/DIY related, which is mostly pretty free of rage-bait for me.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Been watching a lot of arrowhead hunting lately, I'm going to Idaho for Christmas break and have good luck hunting the drawn down reservoirs. Just look and put them back :rolleyes: :cool:

These rat dogs are fun to watch. They love doing thir job. It's funny how in England they don't have many sporting opportunities for the common folk (kings game) so they make due.

Zak

Legend
Found this Youtube channel playing at a local sushi spot. In a nutshell, this young girl lives on a rural Sichuan farm with her grandma. She (and I'm sure a large/unseen support staff) grow a huge variety of crops and livestock. She also forages for wild foods, firewood, and anything useful. Then cooks incredibly delicious looking, wood-fired dishes. She also builds things like an outdoor oven, fences, rock walls, bamboo furniture, arbors, etc... using available materials with very little, to no purchased hardware. We like it as a relaxing wind-down after a long day at work. DIY'ers be warned!

These videos are great and beautifully done!

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Those folks in the midwest dealing with the Asian carp explosion should watch this video

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter

The videography is really beautiful, too. The lighting in that last scene of the kitty cat oven vid you posted? <chef’s kiss>