Inspirational posts

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
@Starman77 and @Billy recent epic post got me thinking about what general regulation lake I might find such an opportunity. Now you know I love rivers, but I've found a new stillwater confidence this this year, thanks @Tim Lockhart and the rest of you. It's funny, on the way over I found myself visualizing how the fishing would go, just like I used to before I bike race. By the time I got there, it was not whether I was going to catch a fish, just how many? Well, in the keep it simple theme, I put on the same cdn. blk. and peackock leeches that have been catching panfish, type 3 ST, on the CT.
20221013_leeches.jpg
Well, on the second cast I caught a fish, I guess we're in business.
20221013_2ndcast.jpg
Soon the visualization paid off. I lost a real nice one when it burrowed into the bottom and came off. After a few more small one's the next big one jumped a few times then ran headlong into the reeds about 12" deep, hard like a basketball player hitting the mat at the end of the court on a fast break. I thought I was hung up but after a couple pulls and mends it came too and eventually came to the net. Lightning struck a third time, this time the game was straight forward enough, until I see the sink tip and this little bastard got involved, then things got complicated again.
20221013_double.jpg
Thanks for inspiring me all!!!!

Last edited:

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Very nice, Tom! Thanks for sharing.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Good going! I can see you're well on your way to becoming a stillwater addict!
I'm easily addicted. It's neat now that I can look at a lake an see all the possibilities instead of an overwhelming void. Loads of fun!