Wanted Inexpensive SRC beach rod

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
I recently broke my 9' 6 weight and looking for a replacement. We don't have a lot of expendable income at the moment so looking for something on the inexpensive side. I tend to like rods in the moderate to moderate-fast action. Prefer local pickup in the Tacoma area.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Gary,
Not sure if this fits your budget, but Amazon has 9’6” 6 Wt Redington Vice rods for $139.00.
They say they are fast action. I have one and wouldn’t consider it super fast. They retail for about $220.
SF

4201F18F-6B9B-44B0-9DBF-CBADA1C560D8.png

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Yes a very good blank/rod. Questionable cosmetic choices but thats my opinion. They are closing them out from what I understand, so shop around you might find a better price. If you want to slow it down a bit put a 6.5 or 7 weight line on it.

Also TFO pro II close out at $109 in 6 weight 4 piece. This is a med-fast action rod.

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
Thanks for the offer, y'all. I remembered that I had a Cabela's gift card laying around since my last birthday. I picked up a TFO signature II 9' 6 weight at bass pro for about $80 after the gift card this morning. If gets to taste water Wednesday.