Idaho Spring Bear

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
Just got home from our first trip. We knew we were early so we didn’t do the “big one” for our first trip. We did 4 nights and 5 days…wishing we would have done the full meal deal on this one. We got lucky and T-boned the emergence of some really big boars. We didn’t end coming out with one. We had a missed shot, another shot we had to pass for fear of not being able to retrieve it across a swollen creek, and a third bear that gave us the slip. It was an epic trip and I’ll be back in there early May. We put on 30 miles in the 5 days…I have no idea how much vertical we covered but it was a lot. These are a few pics….IMG_6876.jpeg

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
Very cool, great photos!

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
That is some seriously steep country. Nice pics.
It is so steep! I had a real psychological battle with it my first couple of trips. I spent a lot of time working on stability over the fall and winter. I'm no spring chicken so it took me a while to get prepared. My preparation this year made the trip incredibly enjoyable.

Last night I tallied up the vertical gain based on my OnX tracks and we were over 10,000' in the 5 days.

SpeyrodGB

Steelhead
It is so steep! I had a real psychological battle with it my first couple of trips. I spent a lot of time working on stability over the fall and winter. I'm no spring chicken so it took me a while to get prepared. My preparation this year made the trip incredibly enjoyable.

Last night I tallied up the vertical gain based on my OnX tracks and we were over 10,000' in the 5 days.
That is some serious elevation. Makes my knees hurt just reading that.

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
Nice photos. Thanks. Beautiful country and a time of year that most of us don’t experience it.
Spring is becoming my favorite time to be in the back country...right now it's 1a-fall and 1b spring :). Fall colors are amazing but spring colors are amazing in their own right. I also see more wildlife in spring than I do fall.