I blew my ass out

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Anyone try the new bamboo clothing and, if so, would it work?

I haven’t, but I’ve heard good things about bamboo clothing and it being super comfortable. Will have to give it a try.

I happened to be near Costco last night, so I checked out the Orvis tech pants. Not quite as lightweight as I was looking for, but for the price I bought pair. I want to thank everyone who suggested them because looking at one pair of $20 pants became a $130+ bill. That seems to happen to me a lot when I visit Costco. 😂😉
PS….no Winston rods were seen.
SF

wmelton

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Anyone try the new bamboo clothing and, if so, would it work?
The brand Free Fly that I mentioned in my last comment is bamboo. I love it. I don't think the pants I own from them have any bamboo in them, but I own several of their bamboo shirts and hoodies and they are the most comfortable I've ever owned. I wear the T-shirts made from their sun hoodie material to work most days

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
During summer, I wear stretchy shorts.

During winter, I wear stretchy sweatpants.

Stretch is the key to success.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
I know Simms recommends fleece outer pants under theirwaders.
They claim most leaks start inside the waders from chafing the wader material.
Denim is the worst offender according to Simms
Quite a few years ago I had read an article (believe it was from-about $imm$) saying that the rivets on heavy duty work trousers and jeans are BAD.
So for spring and fall I bought a pair of fairly heavy duty Chinese-made Filson stretch nylon - spandex upland game trousers from STP for real cheap. They have the double seat and knees but no rivets, zippered front slash and hip pockets, with a trim fit inside wader for spring and fall temps.
I also got a pair of Craghopper Bear Grylls quick drying nylon trousers with reinforced stretch knees and seat with cargo pockets that are real nice for hiking and inside waders. But they run small and I need to lose about 10# so they fit more comfortably again.
A few years ago I bought some (1st gen, REI reviews said were nicer than newer version(s)) Kuhl Renegade convertible trousers for hiking that also work well in waders in just before I start wet wading.
For winter I bought the Eddie Bauer stretch nylon fleece lined trousers SF told us about. They are awesome in cold weather under neoprenes.

Phil K

AKA Philonius
Forum Supporter
Bamboo is super comfy. I bought two of their hoodies recommended by our no longer active fashion advisor. The downside is that this material dries much more slowly than nylon or polyester. It acts more like cotton in this regard, which is a downside for me in the PNW. Great for high summer and all the exotic tropical vacations I'm always taking. ;)

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I was gonna' ask if the blowout was due to too many stops at the taco truck, but Mossback beat me with his remark about the burrito.

Likely too much wear and tear from my fat ass being in them. 😂

By the way, I’m liking the Orvis Tech pants. Very comfortable and stretchy. I think I’ll pick up another pair so when the ass goes out on the first pair, I’ll have a backup.
SF

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I really like the older version Orvis Jackson quick dry fly pants that went by S-M- Lg- XLg instead of actual waist and length size of today. Very comfortable, stretchy, decent quick dry ….not the fastest but not bad.

c2peak

Smolt
Forum Supporter
The brand Free Fly that I mentioned in my last comment is bamboo. I love it. I don't think the pants I own from them have any bamboo in them, but I own several of their bamboo shirts and hoodies and they are the most comfortable I've ever owned. I wear the T-shirts made from their sun hoodie material to work most days

Thanks for the tip. Which model pants do you like?

wmelton

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I like both the breeze and the tradewind. I only ever wear the breeze in really hot weather, the tradewinds are a bit thicker but still dry quickly. They're my go-to on those days that start wader weather but turn into wet wading weather fast.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I can't believe anyone hasn't made a comment about whether or not you were going commando!
Never ask a question you don’t want the answer to.

Draketake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Hey Stonedfish
I just picked up a pair of those same Ex-Officio pants, including the color, last week on Poshmark…Love them, Last week there was yet another pair of those up for sale too.

Ex-Officio made some great fishing pants. Been using them for about 25 years.

I also like the BlackOvis Pants. They are the Granite Model. They are more of a soft shell pant. Excellent for wet wading in nasty brushy areas.

Last edited:

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
I received 2 pair of the Costco Orvis Tech Pants yesterday. Nice - water resistant, comfortable fit & very light weight. The light color will be a plus during tick season.