I blew my ass out

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
….yesterday on my favorite fishing pants.
Got some odd looks at Fred Meyer while post fishing grocery shopping. 😂
These are Ex Officio brand. Haven’t shopped for these in a long time. Looks like all they make anymore is underwear.
What are your favorite brands of lightweight, quick drying pants?
Thanks
SF
IMG_4824.jpeg

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
I've yet to find anything I like more than Columbia.....I think the model may be Silver Ridge? I buy the convertible ones but have never zipped the lower legs off. I've just about lived in those pants for the last 7 or 8 years. Super comfortable and tough as hell.

I dont wear them fishing during the winter much as I tend to wear fleece, but love them the rest of the year.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
I've yet to find anything I like more than Columbia.....I think the model may be Silver Ridge? I buy the convertible ones but have never zipped the lower legs off. I've just about lived in those pants for the last 7 or 8 years. Super comfortable and tough as hell.

I dont wear them fishing during the winter much as I tend to wear fleece, but love them the rest of the year.
x2, my go to for any fishing above 50 degrees

for great all purpose pants, check out Costco sold 'Weatherproof Vintage Canvas Pants'...more comfortable than Levi's rugged and comfortable.

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Costco has some very similar to these for $20. Very comfortable. I pick-up 2 more pair today.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Costco is going to have "Orvis Tech Pant" on sale beginning 9/27 for $19.99 plus the Gov's share. If these are what I think they are; light weight, a bit of stretch and quick drying.
Edit: current price $19.99, two bucks off 9/27.

Denwor54

Life of the Party
I have switched to kuhl brand and they have light weight breathable pants and heavy style also. And they make me look cool😀

Zak

Legend
These are Ex Officio brand. Haven’t shopped for these in a long time. Looks like all they make anymore is underwear.
Thanks
SF
View attachment 82787
Patagonia GI II, or the REI brand (which has belt loops).

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
Thanks
SF
View attachment 82787
The way I fish I really need quick drying pants. 😆
Does anyone make quick drying
waders?🤣

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
I know Simms recommends fleece outer pants under theirwaders.
They claim most leaks start inside the waders from chafing the wader material.
Denim is the worst offender according to Simms

wmelton

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I do a lot of wet wading and have tried out a bunch brands of pants for the purpose. Kuhl, Simms, Prana, and Patagonia all make solid overpriced quick dry pants. Free Fly Apparel though, in my opinion, makes the best overpriced quick dry pant. Patagonia's feel the most durable, Simms guide pant are my favorite for the hottest of days, but Free Fly's seem to balance durability, comfort, and weight the best.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I know Simms recommends fleece outer pants under theirwaders.
They claim most leaks start inside the waders from chafing the wader material.
Denim is the worst offender according to Simms

Off topic, but I don't think any of the waders I've ever had leaked somewhere beside a seam.