Non-fishing related

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, I saw that earlier as well. Very sad. I've always wanted to snowboard at Hurricane Ridge some day. Hope I still get a chance.

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Sad deal for sure, will be interesting to see what they build to replace it!
I have never skied it either and has been one my list!

Last edited:

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
We drive up there for hiking, been waiting for the road to open just to do a day trip and look at the snow. Was supposed to be end of the month, but now I wonder.
:(

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Very sad to read this. I grew up in the shadow of Hurricane Ridge and spent a lot of time up there over the years.

Also spent one very fun summer when I was around 21 working in the gift shop. I had so much fun that summer.

When I worked there there was an older married couple who were the managers. Very nice people. What I always thought was cool was that there was an apartment in the building provided for the managers, and at the time they actually stayed there over the winter as well, as the sole occupants, helping to look after the place. The thought of spending a winter all alone in the heavy snow in those circumstances was always super appealing to me.

I'll always have fond memories of that place.

Griswald

Steelhead
So sad. Loved the Lodge...another good reason I am departing the PNW in July after 31 years...

Grandpa Jim

Steelhead
Terrible loss...
I've had many a fine day up there over last 20 years, winter and summer, with kids and grandkids

Taxon

Steelhead
Forum Legend
Have only been to Hurricane Ridge Day Lodge one time. Can't remember much about the occasion, other than that when we went into the cafe and had been seated, we saw Gov. Dan Evans and his (7 or 8 year old) son walk in. That made quite an impression on this early teenager. ;)

Last edited:

Stimson

Smolt
Forum Supporter
I also learned to ski up there. I'm originally from New Orleans. The day I stepped on snow to learn to ski was only the 2nd time I'd ever touched snow. Totally unprepared. Jeans, sweatshirt, leather work gloves(which got hot if you let the rope tow slide through your hands too much). By the time is was done I was soaking wet and my lips were purple. It was a blast. Went on to ski for 40+ years.
Terrible to hear of the loss of the lodge. I rode my motorcycle up there and went hiking in the summer as well. I used to live in sequim and P.A.
Memories..........

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Horrible loss....very sad.