NFR Humor

Non-fishing related

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
I'm surprised that his fucking hand and arm didn't work.
I'm imagining the driver getting into and starting that car with the snow and ice covered windshield, turing on the wipers (which of course don't move, being covered by snow and ice), and saying "aww, screw it" and driving five miles blind.

Last edited:

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I'm imagining the driver getting into and stareing that car with the snow and oce covered windshield, turing on the wipers (which of course dont move, being covered by snow and ice), and saying "aww, screw it" and driving five miles blind.
I'm a bit like @Salmo_g when it comes to recidivism (I'm not saying this driver was a repeat criminal, but...) but I don't think the ticket was sufficient for this kind of stupidity - this kind of crime. I commuted on SR-16 from (if you will) Belfair to the submarine base for seven years. The road between Gorst and the junction towards Silverdale is narrow, winding and very busy. It's lucky there wasn't a collision. Handcuffs, a night in jail and his/her car impounded sounds a bit more like crime and punishment (yes, I did enjoy that book).

BriGuy

Life of the Party
We usually have a fake tree. And she has to replace it every year because of the cats climbing into it and bending the branches down. But this year she only has a 4' tree and the branches are smaller and closer together. So maybe there is hope that the fucking cats stay out of this one.
They won't.

We usually get a live tree. Every year, one of our cats would eat a bunch of the needles and puke them up. He never learned even though throwing them back up must not have been pleasant. He lived for 16 years and never gave up the habit.

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Just another idiot (one of millions it seems) either stupid or out for 15 minutes of fame. Budding politician.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
They won't.

We usually get a live tree. Every year, one of our cats would eat a bunch of the needles and puke them up. He never learned even though throwing them back up must not have been pleasant. He lived for 16 years and never gave up the habit.
I have to use a fake tree. Two of the Granddaughters are allergic to the pine needles. Hell I couldn't even get them to mow my yard because of it.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
They won't.

Our dog pissed on our tree as a pup. I have to say I kind of understand how he was confused. He probably thought it was his Xmas present--"oh boy, now I don't have to go out in the cold to do my business!"

ABITNF

Steelhead
When we lived in the Yukon and the kids were small we made a day of packing a lunch and hot drinks and going off to murder a tree. We found a really nice shaped spruce so I took the swede saw to it and tied it to the roof of the jeep and brought it home.

The next day I brought it into the house and put it in the tree stand to thaw out. It was likely about zero Fahrenheit.

As we decorated it and the tree got warmed up we couldn't help noticing that it stunk! I don't know what, wolves, foxes, lynx... something must have been using this tree as a cornerpost for their territory. The tree went out the door and we got to repeat the hunt one more time.