NFR Humor

Non-fishing related

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Re: Montana Fly Fishing

I enjoy civilization...and smaller scared-y-cat bears...but the down side is that the best fly fishing seems to come with potential maiming, mortal danger and possible death...I'll take my risks on the freeway.

cdnred

Life of the Party
1675820845425-png.882558

East Coaster

Steelhead

I live about 45 minutes from there. Went with a buddy as an adult (I didn't grow up in NJ, so missed out on its early days) and had a blast. Thinking back on what was allowed back then, is mind-boggling. I don't remember some of the attractions featured in the trailer (they were probably shut down by the time I visited), but there were still a number of pretty wild ones that we did. One positive historical note - the owner actually set up NJ's first post-Prohibition microbrewery. He imported equipment from Germany (including wooden fermenters) and hired a German brewmeister to brew traditional German unfiltered lagers.

Reactions: Zak

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
I live about 45 minutes from there. Went with a buddy as an adult (I didn't grow up in NJ, so missed out on its early days) and had a blast. Thinking back on what was allowed back then, is mind-boggling. I don't remember some of the attractions featured in the trailer (they were probably shut down by the time I visited), but there were still a number of pretty wild ones that we did. One positive historical note - the owner actually set up NJ's first post-Prohibition microbrewery. He imported equipment from Germany (including wooden fermenters) and hired a German brewmeister to brew traditional German unfiltered lagers.
They feature that brewery in the movie! The movie was hilarious in the first half but kind of horrifying toward the end.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Last edited:

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Some of the stuff she comes up with is quite funny.

I'm not a fan, but funny is funny.