Non-fishing related

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
328744182_1157414625137339_5840799563047887014_n.jpg

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Compared to me you are still a youngster, Sometime in March. I will turn 88. I didn't ask for old age, it just happened. I've seen a lot in these ages. And no I don't want a do over.
I trust that when somebody gives you some sort of self health care advice you respond "what the hell do I care...I'm 87 years old". It's like getting child-rearing advice from somebody who never had kids...or marital advice from a priest.

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I trust that when somebody gives you some sort of self health care advice you respond "what the hell do I care...I'm 87 years old". It's like getting child-rearing advice from somebody who never had kids...or marital advice from a priest.
Exactly that. Since I was in my mid forties I have had occasional bouts of prostatitis and had another bout last fall. As usual a round of antibiotics knocked it out but I went online to see what the triggers were and what I could do to prevent it. Food and drink seem to make a difference so I looked into what I should avoid. The answer was just about everything I liked! My response was screw it, I'm not changing a thing. With life expectancy for Americans dropping every year I am not going to wring my hands about being almost a decade over the average. Booze, drugs and gluttony is bringing the average down and more recently Covid. So far I am not having an issue with any of those.

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
@Josh @Evan B and I have decided to zap a few posts. We politely ask for a little more tact and a little less scantily clad women or offensive jokes.

We don't want to over-moderate, but generally these types of jokes appeal to one demographic and we want this to be a place for all.

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
My girls one day (early twenties then) saw some old guy in a hot car. “How come old guys drive the nicest cars?” I don’t recall my response but the next day I’d parked and an old guy pulled up next to me in a really fine Porsche. Being no spring chicken myself (70 now) I jokingly related their question. Without a second of hesitation: “You tell your girls that I’d trade this car to be their age in a heartbeat.”
Good answer.

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Compared to me you are still a youngster, Sometime in March. I will turn 88. I didn't ask for old age, it just happened. I've seen a lot in these ages. And no I don't want a do over.
No do overs for me either. It's surprising how fast you can get this old. As a friend once said, If I know I was gonna live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.