NFR hotels

Non-fishing related

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I purchased a cheater box.

No cable bill, only wifi.

More channels than ever needed.

Pay for view and all premium channels are now free for view.

cchinook45

Smolt
Forum Supporter
Talking to Comcast on the phone is about as pleasant as a root canal. So in order to avoid a long wait, I went to the Comcast store for a face to face which turned out to be almost as bad. I had to go home with a new modem and when it was plugged in a phone number to call. So much for avoiding a phone call. But I did something wrong and lost my phone so put the old one back on one and suffered the phone call which ended up having a tech come out and it took him 45 minutes and a couple calls to put it all together.. It never gets easier or cheaper.
I got some guy in India or god knows where and could not understand anything he said. They are a monopoly.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
I purchased a cheater box.

No cable bill, only wifi.

More channels than ever needed.

Pay for view and all premium channels are now free for view.
cheater box's are great unless the cable provider has a ping system to determine who's using one..and then they kill the cable service.

Last edited:

JudyM

Steelhead
Antenna is the way to go. There is a website that you can plug in your addy and it tells you what OverTheAir channels you can receive. Most OTA broadcast is at High Definition or better. The initial cost is buying the antenna, Amazon has many antennas for sale. Costco had a Roku package for their top of line unit, stick and 2 remotes. All you need is the wifi password, super easy to set up. Add what app you need for a small monthly fee. I do not miss Comcast.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
You are deluded.
No worker in the utility industries or their supply chain is making anywhere near minimum wage. Focus on the Public Utilities Commission, made up of retired energy executives or similar who are invested in the companies.
Just like the oil companies they are generating historically high returns and perfectly content to let angry sentiment blame the government.
Really…the fact I or anyone else has to explain the economics of the “grand scheme” is just …WOW
JFC!!!
🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

When I STAY IN A HOTEL I'm always lookin to maximize the amenities and I always ensure it is known when I STAY IN A HOTEL

Reactions: Zak
My GRAND SCGEME is to ensure I get paid the largest sums from many lawsuits!!!!! I will ENSURE I retain large sums of cash because I AM OWED MONEY!!!

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Perhaps they had to raise the utility rates due to the significant increased costs starting 3/1 coming to the state highway toll lanes.. …..and I love asparagus, one of my favorite cooked veggies, but it’s been humming around 8-9 bucks a pound. 🤯

It all can be traced to the fly rod mfg’ers, when they started asking for $1000.00 or more for a single fly rod everything else went out of whack.
It’s a vicious cycle!

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Going back to utility rate increases...we better buckle up as the transition into cleaner, greener energy doesn't come without costs.
I'll start by saying that I'm not opposed to sensible changes, improvements, advances, etc. but it seems that we're currently barreling down the highway at 90 mph with no brakes.
It seems that many believe that the utility companies have a bottomless financial pit and have a 'let's stick it to 'em' attitude when in truth we, as the consumer, will be the ones to ultimately pay.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I am guilty of waste.
One example- I have a hot water heater going 24-7-365. Which gets used about an hour total per day.
On vacation......still the same.

We could do much better at conserving, but we won't until the price is right.

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I am guilty of waste.
One example- I have a hot water heater going 24-7-365. Which gets used about an hour total per day.
On vacation......still the same.

We could do much better at conserving, but we won't until the price is right.
This is one area that I think we could vastly improve on in both power and water consumption.
I'm no engineer but I think on demand heaters at each point of use would vastly reduce unnecessary consumption.
How many of us waste a gallon or more of water before we get hot to a tap that's any distance from the water heater?
Another consideration regarding this is the additional amount that has to be processed through our wastewater facilities.
A circulating pump would help but there's constant heat loss that needs to be recovered.

Last edited: