NFR hotels

Non-fishing related

cchinook45

Smolt
Forum Supporter
I am back after 7 days in hotel rooms , I hope PGE enjoys their massive increase. Then I had to deal with Comcast , there are no words for that.

RCF

Life of the Party
If you afford hotels for week, you can afford the PGE increase.

Remember to turn the lights off...

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I am curious for the back story.

Please tell.

Reactions: Zak

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Time to go solar?

RCF

Life of the Party
The increase will cost way more then my rooms did. Do you work for PGE ?

I do not and never have worked for PGE nor PG&E.

Washington rates increased 13%.
Oregon rates increased 18%.
California rates increased up to 25%.

But what we each will probably experience is more. PGE is great at playing with numbers. The perfect formula and household may experience that.

Rates increases are regulated/approved by each state. Covers maintenance and infrastructure improvements and wage increases. Looks like Oregon may get even higher rates due to all the recent damage from snow and ice storms.

Do I like the rate increases? Hell NO! I am retired and on a fixed income. Yes it hurts a lot!

I may want to dig deeper into the state regulator and facts which increased the approved rate hikes since they are the control point. Info should be readily available. Since it is winter time I hope I have the time. It probably will be harder than reviewing WDFW info. LOL.

Zak

Legend
I am back after 7 days in hotel rooms , I hope PGE enjoys their massive increase. Then I had to deal with Comcast , there are no words for that.
When I lived in Vermont, Comcast had a monopoly on high speed Internet service. They would not let you buy the top speed internet unless you bought the Triple Play with cable TV and a landline. I did not like the greedy bastards at Comcast at all.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
You can thank the artificially legislative minimum wage increases for every rate increase you ever experience thru life…fact.

You do the math.

Then will you understand that there is no money left for materials to actually be proactive or to fix stuff. 😉

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
I'm assuming this has to do with a power outage but some context might help

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
I opened my PGE bill today. "Bout had a heart attack, it was $233 and change. Last month's bill was $79.00.
Pacific Power had a jump too. 10.8% rate hike went into effect. I think it was mid summer, there was a 17% increase.

Due to the rising costs of fuel and energy was the reasoning.

It all starts with the minimum wage increases.

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Pacific Power had a jump too. 10.8% rate hike went into effect. I think it was mid summer, there was a 17% increase.

Due to the rising costs of fuel and energy was the reasoning.

It all starts with the minimum wage increases.
You are deluded.
No worker in the utility industries or their supply chain is making anywhere near minimum wage. Focus on the Public Utilities Commission, made up of retired energy executives or similar who are invested in the companies.
Just like the oil companies they are generating historically high returns and perfectly content to let angry sentiment blame the government.

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
You are deluded.
No worker in the utility industries or their supply chain is making anywhere near minimum wage. Focus on the Public Utilities Commission, made up of retired energy executives or similar who are invested in the companies.
Just like the oil companies they are generating historically high returns and perfectly content to let angry sentiment blame the government.
I apologize, just that it pisses me off when everything is the gubmints fault.
To add to my previous post, factor in the Russian/ Ukraine conflict with Russian gas and oil embargos, the current conflict in the Red Sea affecting price of energy.

Shad

Life of the Party
You are deluded.
I work for the WA UTC (equivalent to a PUC elsewhere). Staff and commissioners are required to divest any holdings in regulated companies when they get hired/appointed, so government corruption is not the proximate cause here.

For sure, a lot of PUC regulatory staff go on to be analysts at the companies they once regulated after they leave the PUC (maybe some potential for corruption there), but there is no profiteering happening at the state level to cause these increases. Wildfire lawsuits likely have much more to do with the increases, which yes, are probably higher than they need to be, because private utilities DO like their profits, like all corporations.

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Talking to Comcast on the phone is about as pleasant as a root canal. So in order to avoid a long wait, I went to the Comcast store for a face to face which turned out to be almost as bad. I had to go home with a new modem and when it was plugged in a phone number to call. So much for avoiding a phone call. But I did something wrong and lost my phone so put the old one back on one and suffered the phone call which ended up having a tech come out and it took him 45 minutes and a couple calls to put it all together.. It never gets easier or cheaper.