NFR Hockey

Non-fishing related

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Regardless of the outcome a big shout out to The squids for making hockey great fun again for this New England guy. And Go Kraken.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I'd say Seattle got out worked but that wouldn't be fair, they busted their asses the whole game. Dallas' lines looked solid and their passing was much better. They intercepted a lot of pucks and put a lot of shots on goal.

Ron McNeal

Sound, Light, and Frequency...............
Forum Supporter
This is painful to watch. Seattle sure looked a step behind most of the night. If it were not for Grubauer, the score would be a lot more lopsided. 🙁🙁

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Well crap but I am already looking forward to next year. Good job guys against all odds. Good game.

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Well done boys, that was a tough series, here's to next year!

This is painful to watch. Seattle sure looked a step behind most of the night. If it were not for Grubauer, the score would be a lot more lopsided. 🙁🙁

Grubauer is a beast!

Smalma

Life of the Party
What a great and fun rider! Making a lot of hockey fans in the area that are looking for more exciting hockey in the future.

The play-offs showed us the Kraken have a solid foundation for the future and more exciting hockey but it also exposed the Kraken needs. They have to get better in power play situations leading to the biggest need which is developed of true # 1 line. Having that 4 line balance lead to exciting and winning hockey but in crunch time across hockey it is the strength of that # 1 often makes the difference. Hopefully a couple of the young players will develop into those studs needed to anchor that # 1 line. The trick is continuing to have 4 strong lines while having that one special combination.

Grubauer had a fun playoff especially against Colorado however is season on goal shots saved average just is not good. His season average of 0.89 and playoff average of 0.903 need to be in that 0.925 or better typically of the leagues top goalies. That may not seem like a big difference but that is about a goal a game,

All ready looking forward to next season!

Curt

Ron McNeal

Sound, Light, and Frequency...............
Forum Supporter
New Day..... & this makes it all a bit brighter: <https://theathletic.com/4522895/2023/05/16/kraken-stars-game-7-loss/?source=targeted_email&campaign=6839869&email_login=poulsboler@gmail.com>

Look'n forward to next year.
For sure. He was just amazing, super-human. That behind-the-goal camera angle (which I really liked) showed just how well he played. Hope they all, every one of them, have a great off-season. They sure deserve it.

Guess I've become a Krak-Head. Now, off to buy that sweater (I think that's what they call a hockey jersey......)

Last edited:

charles sullivan

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Glad that the PNW got to experience Stanly Cup hockey.

The Kraken seemed to have a hard time getting it out of their own zone at times. They need a defenseman or 2. I would say a big defenseman and a puck mover.