High Rock the most dangerous beach in the country

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Very valuable info for ambulance chasing personal injury attorneys....as well as aquatic recreation enthusiasts and regional legislators.

JudyM

Steelhead
I live 2 miles north of there. I can tell you why it is deadly in three words. Dumb drunk kids. There is life jackets hanging up on the rocks for their use, but the kids don't use them, the water is friggen cold and the current is fast through there.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I live 2 miles north of there. I can tell you why it is deadly in three words. Dumb drunk kids. There is life jackets hanging up on the rocks for their use, but the kids don't use them, the water is friggen cold and the current is fast through there.

Kids these days aren't what they used to be. Travers and I in our youth used to battle the sea successfully. Sure it would TAKE US DOWN. But we got back up. Kids these days are pretty worthless and lack real survival experience. It's natural selection in ACTION.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Happens every year on the Clack or Sandy. Hot days in the spring time, water still in the 40's. I see people in their bathing suits on inner tubes and SUP's.
Add beer, babes, and a lack of common sense…
I mean what could go wrong. 🤔

SteelHeadDave

Broskioner
Forum Supporter
My neighbor when I was a kid was a paraplegic. Diving accident from when he was young. The story was he hit a submerged rock. I’ve never had an interest in diving based on his story and seeing how he had to live the rest of his life.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
My neighbor when I was a kid was a paraplegic. Diving accident from when he was young. The story was he hit a submerged rock. I’ve never had an interest in diving based on his story and seeing how he had to live the rest of his life.

My adult friend had this happen diving off a houseboat in brownlee res. He was anchored in deep water. They figure it was a submerged log. Very sad and tragic.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
...hold my beer and watch this ....

I'm just happy to see young people outside being physical. Most young men don't have what it takes to even talk to a girl on the gravel bar anymore. Dating is done via app and with a surrogate cyber self. At least there's some kids out raising hell and taking their chances at the worlds most dangerous beach. Yes, the drunken debauchery is over the top but it always was. To cage these young buck impulses would be to extinguish the very fire of what it is to muster the courage to speak to that girl in the American flag bikini and possibly scuffle with another potential bull in the process. So long as they don't trash the place and try to get everyone home alive have at it.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Doesn’t even need to be a something submerged - rock or log - the water is plenty hard, head first.