Hey WDFW, big thanks for the CHEAP thrills....

Ron McNeal

Sound, Light, and Frequency...............
Forum Supporter
.....those recent Eells Springs .20/lb rainbow plants in Mason County put a really nice bend in my 10.5' Echo Stillwater 6#. Got two really big ones about 24-26" ( and one at 19". All three by slowly trolling a #6 red-bodied black woolly bugger in 10-15' of water. The line used was a RIO Intouch Indicator WF6F for 15'-25' depths. Pics are not the best (no "hero" shots) because frankly, while these are "just" hatchery fish, they're so big I just want to get 'em back quickly so others can have some fun too...

My net's opening is 19.5" with a short handle and those two larger fish were almost too big - in fact the larger one provided a real battle just to get it in the net so I borrowed Jim Baker's longer-handled aluminum net.

The biggest one really dragged me around (Fat Cat) and I think the rod was almost completely doubled over as I was trying to get it netted. Thanks to Jim Baker for pics of the biggest:
864858AE-CB2F-4B8E-8ED9-62F75F3E7367.jpegBC4791BF-417F-4BDC-8658-A1FA3D97913A.jpeg31DF728F-188D-4042-B21A-97FD4E83B2B2.jpeg

Anyway, a ton of fun. You guys need to check the WDFE stocking reports and get out there before they're gone.....

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
.....those recent Eells Springs .20/lb rainbow plants in Mason County put a really nice bend in my 10.5' Echo Stillwater 6#. Got two really big ones about 24-26" ( and one at 19". All three by slowly trolling a #6 red-bodied black woolly bugger in 10-15' of water. The line used was a RIO Intouch Indicator WF6F for 15'-25' depths. Pics are not the best (no "hero" shots) because frankly, while these are "just" hatchery fish, they're so big I just want to get 'em back quickly so others can have some fun too...

My net's opening is 19.5" with a short handle and those two larger fish were almost too big - in fact the larger one provided a real battle just to get it in the net so I borrowed Jim Baker's longer-handled aluminum net.

The biggest one really dragged me around (Fat Cat) and I think the rod was almost completely doubled over as I was trying to get it netted. Thanks to Jim Baker for pics of the biggest:
View attachment 5143View attachment 5144View attachment 5145

Anyway, a ton of fun. You guys need to check the WDFE stocking reports and get out there before they're gone.....
Nice work Ron!
I got into one of those at a Thurston County lake last year. Quite fun being towed around by HEAVY fish.