Hey all AquaZ Waders Question

Draketake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Anyone have experience with this Brand? If so what are your thoughts.

Thank you in advance.

Bob

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Never heard of them. Who makes them?

Draketake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I notice that some notable fly shops are listed as vendors.

Im thinking of the wadertek convertible model.

Bass-O-Matic

Life of the Party
They have been around for quite some time. Made in Korea as I recall in a factory that also makes waders for other brands. Aquaz never marketed much in the US. I never owned a pair. I do know a couple AK and RU outfitters that swear by them.
Never heard a bad word about them.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I know now why I never heard of them. If I paid that much for waders, I couldn't afford to go fishing. My last pair the I bought were Dan Bailey's Bare bones. about 20 years ago. But as I aged I quit wading. I can fish from the bank quite comfortably.

Draketake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I miss Dan Bailey Waders.

"Old Man" look at Simms/Patagonia prices at this time. It'll shock you.

Its about impossible right now to find a decent pair of Neoprene Stocking Foots.

Thanks for the input so far all.

Bob

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
There was a well known fly fishin’ steelheader that repped them at a couple of expo shows, if I recall.

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
I'm familiar with Aquaz and (full disclosure) am on their pro staff. G Smolt also nailed it - they make waders for some very well known brands. OMJ, the barebones Aquaz wader is the Rogue, a no frills stocking foot wader at $169.

That's how I got hooked into the brand, picking up some backup waders. I ended up liking them so much I got the zippered model when my Simms wore out, then the Trinity waist high ones for summer beach fishing.

The waders are bulletproof and as reliable as I've found. I've also been impressed with the value/$$$. I ended up on their pro staff by coincidence, but consider myself very fortunate as I've been a very happy consumer of their products.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Yeah, but I don't need new waders. Mine don't leak and I fish from the bank in my camp chair. I'm the worlds cheapest fly fisher. See my Avatar, that skinny water is Warm springs Creek. The road on the right side is paved there is some riprap next to the water. I can sit in my front seat of my truck and fish that water. My 7'9" rod clears the bank.

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
I've never used them. However, they are relatively popular in Australia. I know some folks that swear by them.

Hobbyranch

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Yeah, but I don't need new waders. Mine don't leak and I fish from the bank in my camp chair. I'm the worlds cheapest fly fisher. See my Avatar, that skinny water is Warm springs Creek. The road on the right side is paved there is some riprap next to the water. I can sit in my front seat of my truck and fish that water. My 7'9" rod clears the bank.
Sounds perfect!

stevesaville

Smolt
Forum Supporter
I have two pair. I use the zip front regularly and they are as good as any pair of waders I have ever had. They are made overseas so getting them repaired is difficult but not impossible. They are repped here by Dick Sagara, the same fella that reps TFO in the Northwest. He's a good friend and is pretty easy to work with. The company makes Patagonia River Gallegos waders as well.