help identifying classic fishing sunglasses

VAGABOND

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Looks like an original pair of Smith’s from the late 80s early 90s. Are the ear wraps/temple tips removable?
I still have a pair, real glass heavy as hell, early bullet proof. You needed a heavy duty stretch resistant retainer to keep them from walking down your nose. Great memories they went a lot of places with me. Still have them…..somewhere.

Yes, the ear wraps/ temple tips are removeable. Glass lenses. Vagabond does this logo match the one on your pair of Smiths ?

VAGABOND

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Yessir, came with two different ear wraps, yours & mine. Sorry about the image.
AD7A709B-A660-4E83-9E2A-0C68197B9548.jpeg

GLC

Smolt
Yes, those are definitely Action Optics by Smith’s. I have a identical pair with that logo but without the ear wraps that I purchase from Madison River Fishing Company in the early 90’s. As mentioned they are real glass and heavy, the lens are very large, they almost look like goggles. These have been relegated to a backup pair for more than 20 years and have served me well, like all my Smith’s.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Smith Action Optics
The pairs I have are the Lochsa model.
SF

19CD9C46-96D7-4E6D-B742-598D66F3D144.jpeg

So it is settled. Action Optics by Smith's. They really do have great lenses. Thanks to everyone for helping ID them.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Those look like they’re a 1/2 lb maybe 3/4 lb lighter! Aerodynamic even…… too radical for the 80s.

Probably mid 90’s…..
Too bad I can’t wear them any longer.
SF