Has anyone used Cressi Pro Light fins for tubing?

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I currently am using the Bucks Bags fins, which are great (provide about the same propulsion as the pair of Force Fins that I sold at a lighter weight and lower cost). But am looking for something with perhaps a little bit more propulsion for when the wind really kicks up. I also happened to notice that the guy fishing tarpon out of his float tube (the Tapam video) had a pair on and could really get moving.

Has anyone used these?
1648221813483.png

Bruce Baker

Steelhead
I have not used that specific brand, but I have something similar to those from the Creek Company. Looks like the Creek Company is out of stock or does nto sell them anymore because it is no longer on its website. But they look something like this:
1648222375711.png

I like them for their ease of getting on and off (the rubber strap) and they may be a tad lighter than force fins. I found their length not to be to my liking when walking and when in shallow water. Now that I have converted my Force Fins to the bungee strap, I am just going to use them.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I have not used that specific brand, but I have something similar to those from the Creek Company. Looks like the Creek Company is out of stock or does nto sell them anymore because it is no longer on its website. But they look something like this:
View attachment 9752

I like them for their ease of getting on and off (the rubber strap) and they may be a tad lighter than force fins. I found their length not to be to my liking when walking and when in shallow water. Now that I have converted my Force Fins to the bungee strap, I am just going to use them.

yeah, I used to have a set of those and found them unnecessarily heavy....but yeah, I love that type of connection since it's so easy to take them on and off (that's what my Bucks have too). The shallow water thing makes sense. Also, one of the reasons I went away from my Force Fins was being as wide as they were, it was always kind of a pain to get my feet up on the foot rests of my Commander.

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
I've only heard people talk about designs like that. I'm guessing similar on the cost end - I'm still able to find great shape FF's for around $80, just gotta watch for 'em, so that's kind of my gauge. Price aside, I think you're just trading a little HP for better utility toward the FF's and vice versa. I'd be curious to hear from an actual user of the racier ones - I can't speak to their functionality or awkwardness. If you maneuver little to none on shore you're probably fine.

Not sure if you can try a pair first but I'd vote that if anyone has them.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I have some dive fins that look sort of like what Bruce posted but longer. Not the crazy long ones, but longer. They’re a little heavy. They work well for float tubing and snorkeling but if you really want to take advantage of their propulsive capabilities you have to extend your legs which in a float tube means a lot of water disturbance compared to normal float tube stealth.
I’ve only ever used the dive fins, and the strap on boot fins (which I mostly hate, definitely hate for tubing) out of my tube.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I've only heard people talk about designs like that. I'm guessing similar on the cost end - I'm still able to find great shape FF's for around $80, just gotta watch for 'em, so that's kind of my gauge. Price aside, I think you're just trading a little HP for better utility toward the FF's and vice versa. I'd be curious to hear from an actual user of the racier ones - I can't speak to their functionality or awkwardness. If you maneuver little to none on shore you're probably fine.

Not sure if you can try a pair first but I'd vote that if anyone has them.
good point regarding maneuverability, which is kinda a big deal.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
In the tube, the dive fins maneuver great. On land, not so much.
well, I'm not walking all over the place here....:LOL:

Honestly though, part of why I love that type of way of attaching (my BB fins are the same in that regard). easy on, easy off.

Bruce Baker

Steelhead
yeah, I used to have a set of those and found them unnecessarily heavy....but yeah, I love that type of connection since it's so easy to take them on and off (that's what my Bucks have too). The shallow water thing makes sense. Also, one of the reasons I went away from my Force Fins was being as wide as they were, it was always kind of a pain to get my feet up on the foot rests of my Commander.
And those longer fins were the only ones that have made me fall. Actually did it twice in a row when getting out of the float tube and walking to shore. I got out started walking and fell. Got right up took another step and fell again....lol. Fortunately for me, I was the only there so I was spared some ridicule.

When I first started fishing from a float tube I used a pair of high dollar dive fins I had. They worked fine for me, until I got a leg cramp that was painful enough for me to shell out the $100 for a pair of Force Fins. Leg cramps from fins is a very legitimate, safety concern, both for divers and float tubers. I found that the Force Fins minimized muscle cramps for me.

Wetswinger

Go Deep
Forum Supporter
I bought these very fins and have had no issues using them a dozen times so far. Their soft flex is gentle on the legs.. Ask any snorkelers, you walk backwards only, with fins on. I wear size 13 rigid sole wet suit boot over neoprene foot waders and fit perfect in their largest size fin..

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I bought these very fins and have had no issues using them a dozen times so far. Their soft flex is gentle on the legs.. Ask any snorkelers, you walk backwards only, with fins on. I wear size 13 rigid sole wet suit boot over neoprene foot waders and fit perfect in their largest size fin..
Good to know....regarding sizing. I'm finally getting back around to looking into this.

Wetswinger

Go Deep
Forum Supporter