NFR Has anyone heard from Old Man Jim? Update: RIP OMJ. Give ‘em hell wherever you are!

Non-fishing related

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Pretty easy to see from the 12 pages of this thread that Jim is indeed "still kicking." Don't know, however, if that would make him smile or really piss him off. Most likely both.

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
When it was time for him to move to Montana, we met one last time and he gave me 2 things .....Second was the real treasure. His marked up map/guide of WA state showing all his favorite skinny water areas with notes and all. I was honored to receive it, knowing it was something he was immensely proud of and it represented so much of his life and passion - yet passing it on to the next generation, knowing he'd never be back and never see that skinny water ever again.
In the world of WA state internet fly fishing history, that marked-up-map is like the Magna Carta. Or the Declaration of Independence. I'm picturing it getting stored along with the arc of the covenant in this place:
raiderslastscene-magnum.jpg

Worst case scenario it ends up on Antiques roadshow and the appraiser bombs it and deems it useless cos all they're interested in is like hand-carved striped bass poppers, big game reels, stupid wicker creels and atlantic salmon flies.

Last edited:

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
In the world of WA state internet fly fishing history, that marked-up-map is like the Magna Carta. Or the Declaration of Independence. I'm picturing it getting stored along with the arc of the covenant in this place:
raiderslastscene-magnum.jpg

Worst case scenario it ends up on Antiques roadshow and the appraiser bombs it and deems it useless cos all they're interested in is like hand-carved striped bass poppers, big game reels, stupid wicker creels and atlantic salmon flies.

Boot,
Just one small correction since this is OMJ related. “deems it usless“. 😉
SF

Last edited: