Guide Recommendations

Coastal_Cutthroat_Chef

Freshly Spawned
My pops is coming up from Colorado this August for my kids birthday, and I'd like to get us on a guided trip while he's here. Normally I go down there and we fish at 11 mile reservoir and hit the dream stream while there, but its my turn to host.

If anyone can recommend a guide service, I think we're leaning more towards something on the Olympic Peninsula than over on the Yak. I brought up an ocean charter but I think my dad had a bad experience with how quickly he shot it down hahah.

I'd appreciate any input and direction,

Thanks yall 👍

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The way the future looks.

I would suggest a native guide on their/our rivers.
Planning that far ahead, if the wdfw closes down the coast, which is very likely.....you still make the float.

Either way ya roll......Enjoy!

FishingGirl

Trout Yakker
Forum Supporter
If you decide to change it up and go to the Yak, check out Aron Larson with Worley Bugger fly shop out of Ellensburg. worleybuggerflyco.com

DoesItFloat

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Look into the Methow. Insane dry fly fishing. Huge cutthroat in there that will rise all day if you can find them and present right. Beautiful float. Guide named Leaf Seaburg. Can't beat the drive from Seattle to Twisp on 20.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Look into the Methow. Insane dry fly fishing. Huge cutthroat in there that will rise all day if you can find them and present right. Beautiful float. Guide named Leaf Seaburg. Can't beat the drive from Seattle to Twisp on 20.
X2...and if you do go there, suggest a drive up SR5400 to the top of Hart's Pass, road isn't for the faint of heart, however stunning views from the fire look out tower area

Last edited:

DoesItFloat

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
X2...and if you do go there, suggest a drive up SR5400 to the top of Hart's Pass, road isn't for the faint of heart, however stunning views from the fire look out tower area
That would also require an obligatory stop at the Mazama Public House.