Greenland?

Flymph

Steelhead
With Alberta on Fire, NZ fishing reports sounding dismal, and NCW becoming the latest on the Bass Competition circuit, we are trying to find a cooler spot to fish on our retirement, bucket, list. Has anyone fished Greenland or know of anyone who has experienced this awesome area of the world?

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Nope, but have fished up on Baffin Island - Lake Harbour, Clyde River, and Pangnurtung areas. Arctic Char are great fish, best eating I've ever had. Pang even has a guide service.

Cheers

Chucker

Steelhead
I was one of the first people to fly fish Greenland, back in the last century. It was pretty good then, I have no idea about now.

Dave Westburg

Fish the classics
Forum Supporter
The fly fishing ghillie I had in Iceland this summer says Greenland lakes and rivers are full of arctic char and that they are easy to catch but they aren't good eating like the Icelandic char. Very few salmon or trout. When I was visited a fly shop in Malmo Sweden years ago they had lots of pics of of Greenland char.

I'd take Iceland over Greenland any day. Brown trout, seatrout, salmon and no polar bears!

Flymph

Steelhead
No doubt Iceland variety over Greenland. But get the impression that Greenland is less populated with tourists.