Got any bird pics?

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
The birds are definitely acting Springy. I remembered to put out the fiber ball—a wad of super soft alpaca wool wrapped in vine, that I hang out back. Every now and then I see a bird on it but mostly I see telltale tufts having been pulled out.
“Spot” is looking handsome.
IMG_0181.jpeg

Divad

Whitefish
Edit: I think maybe a goose of some type, wish it would have made a call.

Can someone help identify this bird? (I know horrible picture) It was about 4-5 times that of a mallard in size, grey and white and had an orange/red bill. It had the proportions of a duck, no swan like neck.
BCDC9799-AF84-440F-A1B0-1C681DEF9FD3.jpeg

Last edited:

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
I was thinking more along the line of a cross between a domestic/duck pond goose and a White Front. A Graylag would have to be way lost to be in this neck of the woods, unless maybe it was zoo or farm stock that escaped/went feral.

Kilchis

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
This isn't a bird pic, it's a nest pic. I thought some of you may not have seen an eagle's nest. Bald Eagles are known to have a degree of nest fidelity and may use a nest year after year, adding new material with each reuse. I think this nest is around 5 years old. It's stacked about 8 feet high and 7 feet across.

Sorry about the picture quality - those ghost obstructions. The nest was about 450 yards out and I was shooting through a jungle of swamp willows.

B8BC5918-9D25-4013-B716-1BB399F18B1C.jpeg

RichS

Life of the Party
We made a short trip to Bickleton (self-proclaimed bluebird capital of the world) yesterday. Prime season is supposed to be April/May for the birds there, but there were plenty. We saw at least 100 bluebirds and there will be more in a month. Also saw two Bald Eagles, Horned Larks, California Quail, Meadow Larks, Red-tailed Hawks and Mule Deer. If you are ever in the area Bickleton is a cool little town and a sure thing for bluebird watching.

Male mountain bluebirds
mmbb1.JPG
mmbb.JPG
Female Mountain Bluebird
fmbb.JPG
Male Western Bluebirds
mwbb.JPGmwbb1.JPG
Horned Lark
horned lark.JPG

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter