Goodwin Granger Favorite 8642 on the Met

@Dryflyphotography

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I posted a long winded essay on my visit to Central Oregon on the Trips forum, but thought I'd repost a pic I got of my Goodwin Granger Favorite 8642 (8-1/2' five weight). The fishing with small dries was a perfect match for this rod and I even managed a few fish so now I can look at it and know that I have joined in the long list of fly fishers who've caught trout using it over its 80 year lifespan.

IMG_1510.jpeg

Metolius River, upstream of the fish hatchery.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
I posted a long winded essay on my visit to Central Oregon on the Trips forum, but thought I'd repost a pic I got of my Goodwin Granger Favorite 8642 (8-1/2' five weight). The fishing with small dries was a perfect match for this rod and I even managed a few fish so now I can look at it and know that I have joined in the long list of fly fishers who've caught trout using it over its 80 year lifespan.

View attachment 85040

Metolius River, upstream of the fish hatchery.
I know that run well!

RCF

Life of the Party
Congratulations on catching fish on the Met, especially with your Granger 8642. Not easy to do for sure...

Special memories for sure...

@Dryflyphotography

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I know that run well!
Yes, I wish I knew that river better and knew of other runs that would be accessible and held good numbers of fish. I had the feeling that run sees artificial flies all day, every day! I need to put in more time learning that beautiful river, that's for sure.

Reactions: RCF

RCF

Life of the Party
Yes, I wish I knew that river better and knew of other runs that would be accessible and held good numbers of fish. I had the feeling that run sees artificial flies all day, every day! I need to put in more time learning that beautiful river, that's for sure.

Having spent 40+ years fishing that wonderful river, I am still saying I need to 'put more time in learning '. I have been fortunate to be fishing with locals. They are still saying the same thing too...