Go! Sounders

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Anyone going to be there at the match tonight? Should be exciting.

Go Sounders!

Smalma

Life of the Party
Son and Grandson are going, the wife and I will be glued to the TV.

Not only is it an important game for the MLS it will also be an addition for Seattle hosting a world cup game. A full stadium (69,000) should be impressive and huge advantage for the home club.

Go Sounders!

curt

Oliver1329

Life of the Party
That was some of the highest quality play I’ve seen from Sounders, or MLS…ever! And they did that after two early, big injury substitutions. Quality + depth: that’s how it’s done. Outstanding.
It really is impressive the depth of the sounders.

Smalma

Life of the Party
A well played game by the sounders and a great win!

The Joao Paulo injury is huge and even if not a ACL is likely to miss significant time. Vargas came in a played a nice game and may well develop into a special player (needs more strength and more field awareness which will come with more experience) but at the moment should be relied on t fill the key defensive middle field (Paublo role). Paulo has been the essential glue that link the attacking and defending aspects of the game and he covered a lot of mistakes. I would argue he was the Sounder MVP last year.

The sounders find themselves in a significant hole in the table and it could be a long slog to reach a play off slot. Rusnak filled in well in the Paublo slot last night but that may not be enough against the better MLS times. Would not be surprised to see C. Roldan playing a larger defensive middle field role.

The next handful of games could well set the standard of the rest of the Sounder's season - they paid a price to while that trophy - though I'm sure than most of us thinking it was worth it.

Curt

Adrian M

Steelhead
Definitely worth it. But keep in mind, we are 3 games in hand against most of the table. Should we win those games, we would be in 4th. It's a long season and it's still very much early. I expect we'll be in the playoffs and potentially shooting for the shield, but who knows. It's way way too early to say.

Oliver1329

Life of the Party
Definitely worth it. But keep in mind, we are 3 games in hand against most of the table. Should we win those games, we would be in 4th. It's a long season and it's still very much early. I expect we'll be in the playoffs and potentially shooting for the shield, but who knows. It's way way too early to say.
I completely agree. We have a lot of games to make up

I expect to see the Sounders in the playoffs. Regardless of Schmetzer's comments to the contrary, I don't think the Sounders have given the MLS schedule their full attention in the early going. Barring any further injuries to critical players, I anticipate seeing them steadily climb the table over the next several weeks.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
It really is impressive the depth of the sounders.
Just say’n…
Sometimes your benchers play a better quality than the stars of the game.
Fancy haircuts, model wives, splashy names…blah
Give me a guy who sees and plays the game 100%…those are my type of players.

Adrian M

Steelhead
Joao Paolo was recently asked if he was following the World Cup Qualifiers. His answer was bad ass. “I don’t know, I have young kids and don’t have time to watch soccer”. Love it. The guy is a team player and always leaves it in the field.