Getting the 12th man into action

I recently picked up an 8 wt fiberglass build from @Wetswinger. When I saw it in person I noticed it had a little bit of a Seahawks theme. He confirmed the sentiment and I liked the rod even more. But I realized that all my reels in that size were black and it didn't really jive with the rod's color scheme. Conveniently @Nick Clayton posted a silver-ish reel in the right size not much later, and the package was complete.
001 post .jpg

An ininital outing to find some carp proved to be more about exercise and tick removal. But yesterday I got a chance to float and see if there were still any smallies around. First fish on the new rod! The skunk was off! Wasn't exactly a trophy, but it'd do. I'm guessing the wear on the tail is indicative of post-spawn?
002 post .jpg

Couple of better fish were found as well. Nothing truly huge, and seemed to be all males. Overall numbers were low as well (compared to some other years). Not sure of what that means as far as run timing. I think we're a couple weeks late.? Unfortunately this river was pretty dirty up until a just a few days ago. Even now visibility is just a couple of feet.
003 post .jpg004 post .jpg

The scenery is great in it's own way. Though you do have to be prepared for hundreds of swallows to literally rain poop down on you. :cautious:
006 post .jpg

Anybody know what this is from? Tracks are several inches long--5 maybe? Extremely narrow heel and distinct claws.
007 post .jpg

Divad

Whitefish
The 3rd photo in with the rod in the background looks sick! Such cool translucency in the green glass, nice pairing too with the reel.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Nope...definitely platypus tracks.

Reactions: M_D

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
Looks like he does good work. I love that reel seat insert

Otter

Steelhead
Very nice report! Nice scenery, and very nice rod. I noticed the builder added a couple of clever insurance wraps in front of the single foot guides. I love those Sage 3200 series reels. What a shame Sage discontinued them.