Garmin Striker Questions

Cowlitz Bottomfeeder

Life of the Party
Completed the mounting system this afternoon. A Scotty glue on pad, the 241 attachment, a Scotty 368 universal sonar mount, then the lower plate on the Garmin Striker 4 on my Water Otter pontoon boat. The Scotty parts are likely compatible with the Lowrance or Hummingbird units. The holes line up with the Garmin but the screws don’t fit the mounting plates. This appears to be more solid than my Fishing Buddy, but it’s more complex and there’s a bunch of wires.

IMG_0166.jpegIMG_0167.jpeg

Haggis57

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Looks like a nice clean installation! The best option for your extra transducer cable might be to cable wrap/zip tie it to your re-purposed Fishin Buddy mount and then just leave a short section to connect to your Garmin screen each time.

I tried to keep my extra power and transducer cables coiled the same way they came from Garmin and zip tied/cable wrapped the unused portions. I keep my unused transducer cable zip-tied to the base below the screen since my transducer and screen stay attached to the same web strap. My unused power cable is zip-tied in a coil beside my battery. That way I only have to deal with a short length of power cable between the battery and the screen.

20220628j.jpg

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Forum Supporter
Had my first outing today in my tube with the Stiker setup just like in @Haggis57 picture above. I like the screen and relatively simple controls. I’ll need to see about adjusting the position of the transducer mount. The way I ran it today I had to reach in almost elbows deep to get the ‘ducer pointed where I wanted it.

I don’t think I marked more than a few fish but that’s how the lake was fishing anyway ;)