FYI: Red Amnesia Is Back

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter

It actually does look brighter than before. It’s a little bit orange, whereas my old spools are more like a pink color. Be careful where you order it from, though; I’m sure a lot of stores are still selling the crap stuff.

Last edited:

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter

It actually does look brighter than before. It’s a little bit orange, whereas my old spools are more like a pink color. Be careful where you order it from, though; I’m sure a lot of stores are still selling the crap stuff.
Thank you for the update. I’ve been using Neon Fire Sufix Superior and while it’s crazy bright it’s not the same.

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
Thank you for the update. I’ve been using Neon Fire Sufix Superior and while it’s crazy bright it’s not the same.

My experience with the Suffix stuff is that it is too transparent. It glows like a lightsaber under the sun, but disappears in the shade. Red Amnesia, but not green, always had a slightly opaque quality.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
My experience with the Suffix stuff is that it is too transparent. It glows like a lightsaber under the sun, but disappears in the shade. Red Amnesia, but not green, always had a slightly opaque quality.
Precisely

ifsteve

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Can't understand how anybody can use that stuff. Maybe my fingers are just too big but I can't strip that stuff one iota.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Can't understand how anybody can use that stuff. Maybe my fingers are just too big but I can't strip that stuff one iota.
The way I use it, at least, it’s not a stripping thing but rather an indicator/sighter.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
I used to use Berkely Transoptic on my gear rods for the same reason; keeping track. Never thought of adding a small section of bright line to my FF leaders until I saw it (Red Amnesia) mentioned in a reply last year, by I think, salmo g. Very happy I found that tip amongst all the other gems and jewels shared here.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Precisely
Yes, I agree, I've noticed the yellow gets lost in shady tree covered sections. I just use a 3' section between my 20# Chameleon and the bi-color sighter. Just spooled my wife's spin reel with the 12# yellow stren so I think I'll pick up some red amnesia.