Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
That is president’s day weekend.
Good time to go fishing while everyone is at the show. 😉
SF

The Fish Whisperer

Smolt
Forum Supporter
After making multiple requests to Ben, they have decided to bring back the show....this time to Meydenbauer. He requested from me to help spread the word so that the show will be successful and they will return the next year. Personally, it seemed better in the Lynnwood Convention Center, but beggars can't be choosers right..?

Please encourage fellow fly fishers to attend. I am not endorsed in any way.

Thanks...!!

Jamie

The Fish Whisperer

Smolt
Forum Supporter
Well, I remember a vendor( cannot remember who) stating to me that they had bowed out of the last show that took place in Bellevue because back then the stalls were like $ 2500. I can only imagine what they want now.......I can't imagine that is is cheaper than Lynnwood.

G_Smolt

Legend
Well, I remember a vendor( cannot remember who) stating to me that they had bowed out of the last show that took place in Bellevue because back then the stalls were like $ 2500. I can only imagine what they want now.......I can't imagine that is is cheaper than Lynnwood.
$1100 for a 10x10 at the '24 show. Last show in Meydebauer (2009) they were $850.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Bad weekend. Schools tie in that holiday and make it winter break. Won’t be around.

kmudgn

Steelhead
Not to be contrary about this, but I stopped going to the shows about 5 years ago. I was a regular visitor at the big show in NJ when I lived there. You had to go Thurs, or Fri as the crowd was so large it was not pleasant. After moving to NH about 25 years ago, I went to the show in Marlboro MA on a regular basis. However, the number of rod vendors, trip outfitters, and people doing demos is so reduced that it is not really worth the cost of admission to see allegedly "new" products. I mean, how many knot tying tools, or other gewgaws do you need? In addition, the people giving seminars are always retreads from past years giving the same talks about the same waters.

Just my opinion and I don't know what will happen in WA, but I suggest that you look at the on-line info about the show before making a commitment.

Eero

Freshly Spawned
Looks like there is no info on the website nor does any of the links to buy tickets working. Hopefully that will change soon

VAGABOND

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
They probably won’t post complete vendor / presenter info until a couple days before the show. Went to Edison and Atlanta shows last year. Equidistant..500 miles each way..I was bored.
Edison is the largest I believe, no Big O, Sage, Scott and others. Lots of doodad vendors now. Gave show owner the Furimky’s a pass though as this was coming off the Covid no show period.
Atlanta was similar, though I got to spend a lot of time with the friends from T&T and Ross reels.
I remember when Big O and Sage would have a complete aisle. Would love to see key manufacturers help support their authorized regional vendors/fly shops but that slope could be kind of slippery.
Having been in a business that had numerous regional and national trade shows it’s a helluva monetary and time expense for a business that has trended toward the giant interweb over the past 25 years.
Go, enjoy, then support your local Fly Shop