Floating Line Recommendations ???

Ron McNeal

Sound, Light, and Frequency...............
Forum Supporter
Any thoughts about the best new floating lines for throwing an indicator set-up?

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
My choice by far is Cortland Sylk, not just for bamboo…..floats high and zero memory! I have quite a few both wf and dt. I fish indicators and emergers.

Divad

Whitefish
Any thoughts about the best new floating lines for throwing an indicator set-up?
I’m a sucker fan of the MPX (below) for such thing. Especially due to the diversity of setups it can throw with still some relative delicacy. I own a couple of these lines and really like them for indicators.
1710990577422.jpeg
I’ve also heard good things from folks using the Anadro (below), if you’re using small indicators it can be a little clunky.
1710990550923.jpeg
I use the Rio Indicator Extreme 7wt for anadromous fish on moving water but it could also be a great line on lakes.
F807F4DB-C4A9-48D2-95A8-FE7FBC770D57.jpeg

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I originally bought the Orvis Bank Shot full floater for floating line/weighted streamer applications, which it was designed for and excels at. It turns out that it's become my favorite bobber line too! It'll throw tons of junk if necessary, while shooting extra line if necessary. It has a "handling" line just behind the short head that one can stack mend in an acceptable manner (this is where it may not be quite as good---stack mending at long distance). Bottom line though, any pros outweigh the little cons here and there so much, it's all I use now for bobber fishin'.

I also really like the Anadro for strictly bobber fishing....but it's just not versatile enough for my needs.

RCF

Life of the Party
First is matching a flyline to your rod including the action of your rod. Some lines are 1/2 weight heavy and others are true to rod weight designation.

Cortland classic series, e.g. 444 and sylk, are great for moderate action rods. Also come in WF and DT options.

I like Cortland flylines in general because they do not crack, coil, and are not as stretchy as other brands. Plus they are not as pricey as many others are.

Just make sure you maintain/clean your lines...