Float tube net

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
I like my Fishpond Nomad. I especially like the fact that the rubber net is white and I can easily see the frequently disgorged fly (which doesn't get tangled in the net). The faster I can get a trout back in the water with minimal handling the better.

Last edited:

Draketake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
@Shawn Seeger,

Morning.

That squeege handle mod you posted about, was the original measure net handle the adjustable one that goes to 42.75? Or was your net an older model that that did not adjust to that length? Do you remember the brand/model of that adjustable squeegee handle you used? Lastly, how did you attach the squeegee handle? Im looking for boat net. Dont want to shell out for the pricey Nomad models, as I have a tendency to lose break stuff.

Thanks for any and all help.

Bob

mickey rat

Vermin
I like the simplicity of using a Fishpond Emerger for my float tube, frameless pontoon, stream fishing, and SRC beach fishing. Works well for all of them and I don't have to rummage around for the right net. It's always in the truck 24/7 so I never forget it at home.

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
@Shawn Seeger,

Morning.

That squeege handle mod you posted about, was the original measure net handle the adjustable one that goes to 42.75? Or was your net an older model that that did not adjust to that length? Do you remember the brand/model of that adjustable squeegee handle you used? Lastly, how did you attach the squeegee handle? Im looking for boat net. Dont want to shell out for the pricey Nomad models, as I have a tendency to lose break stuff.

Thanks for any and all help.

Bob
Afternoon Bob ( @Draketake ),

So, my original measure net was really old (maybe one of the first batch). It was the Large (with extendable handle) it measures 42.5 inches (extended). I wanted more reach in my walker bay. So, the squeegee handle came into the rescue.

The blue handle is the one I use it was a modified end where the net is inserted into the handle (version 1).

The 2 silver handles are my brother and wife. They are new to the boat game and wanted a hair more reach, they measure 66.5 extended.

You, cut the end off the squeegee, then on the old style drill out the pop rivet and slide it into end of the squeegee and pop rivet the net to the squeegee.

20231012_164747.jpg
20231012_164931.jpg
Version 1 - without black plastic cap at v of net
20231012_164834.jpg
Version 2 - with black cap
20231012_164802.jpg
20231012_164808.jpg
Version 3 - new style net

Tight lines

Kamishak Steve

Just Hatched
I ponied up the cash and got a fishknat, but any long handled rubber net would work. The long handle is a game changer for fishing from a tube, the wood floats, and the rubber net is non-negotiable.