SFR Fishing Foods (food near fishing)

Sorta fishing-related

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Pao’s Coffee and Donuts in Tacoma. Good apple fritters.
Family Donuts in Seattle near Northgate - Maple bars with bacon.
SF

EB590

Steelhead
Dion's Quik Chik convenience stores up and down the Keys. Been the fuel of choice for a considerable number of tarpon trips for a good many guides over the years. If you have had Dion's fried chicken then you know why. If you never gave it a try and have the chance get ready for the best.

Yes I had a guide ask for Dions. You can get it at 530am and it is honestly good.

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
Kickstand Coffee and kitchen (Hood River), Dusty’s dive In (Ephrata), DK’S Drive In (Ephrata), Pastime Brewery in (Oroville). Those are a few I can think of off hand.

SKYKO

Tail End Boomer
Forum Supporter
Pizza Mondo - Bend
Village Baker - Bend , sandwiches
Big O Bagel - Bend, breakfast bagels
Wild Rose - Bend, lunch/dinner, Northern Thai

Rainbow Tavern - Maupin, greasy bar food, good stuff after a few day float or a week down at Mack's or Beavertail. I'm partial to the BLT w/fries.

Camp Sherman store - Metolius R, sandwiches

Tuna Ball

Steelhead
Another gas station cuisine suggestion.... This has become a tradition after fishing in Garibaldi for me.

The skipper I used to fish tuna with would gas up at the Chevron in Tillamook. Since he had a heavy Grady with thirsty outboards he was a VIP customer. They would throw down a few batches of mini tacos in the fryer while the pump ran and ran. Those things really hit the spot after a day on the salt. I now request one of my crew to run over there while I wash down the boat next door at the car wash. I don't get the VIP fresh batch, but they are still good and bring back fond memories.

Reactions: Zak

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
We did one of these a while back - can't remember if here or the old site but it had a lot of good suggestions. I didn't find here but if anyone remembers where it is, maybe post the link. I think a lot of it was pointed at the coast/peninsula.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Longhouse market and deli at the end of Sequim Bay in Blyn. Good place to grab a bit when coming or going to the OP.
Fat Smitty’s at the end of Discovery Bay is another option.
SF

Tallguy

Steelhead
Spicy chicken sandwich at Butcher and Baker Provisions in Port Gamble. Pretty solid lunch sandwich.

Grain Shed bakery in Spokane if you are heading to western rivers. Expensive for sure, but it's not clear to me I have ever had a better loaf of bread. Nor do I think their apple turnover has ever had a better that I can recall. For best ever territory, I happily pay whatever they ask for.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I’d love to see what you consider to be the best eateries/food places near fishing for post-fishing chow. Here’s some of mine to get the list started.

5Bs Bakery - Concrete, WA
Awesome gluten-free bakery, and I dislike most gluten-free stuff. Seriously, you’d never know it was gluten-free.

Geoduck Restaurant & Lounge - Brinnon, WA
Best Oyster Po' Boy around

Mossimo Italian Bar & Grill - Gig Harbor, WA
Never ate there before, but they have good parking.

Skagit Valley Burgers - Sterling, WA
Great burgers.

Shrimp Shack - Deception Pass, WA
Great fish.
Clarkman's Cocky Wings didn't make the list?

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Taco wagon at the corner of SR28/SR282 (Ephrata); excellent lengua tacos.

DK's in Ephrata is usually pretty good

Hometown Pizza in Grand Coulee (try their garlic chicken pizza).

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Clarkman's Cocky Wings didn't make the list?
Absolutely delicious, but a moving target. Hard to tell if they’re at Mayfield or Merwin.

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
It’s been a few years since I’ve been there, but the Maple Counter Cafe in Walla Walla was excellent for breakfast.

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
Also, if you’re going to or from a session at Green Lake at 2:00 in the morning, Beth’s Cafe is to die for.

In all honesty, it was the mid ‘70’s the last time I made my way there, but my now grown kids tell me it’s still awesome, as only Beth’s can be. Happy to hear they reopened post Covid.

You can’t go wrong with the famous 12 egg omelette!

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
If you are chasing carp or whatever in Green Lake, consider Layers Sandwich Co. I had eaten at their food truck and it was excellent.
They got rid of the truck and now have a store in the Green Lake area.
The Other Coast in Ballard also has good sandwiches. Katsu Burger and Lil Woody's are both nearby.
SF