Fish Washington 2.0 App

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

ffb

Chum Bucket
Forum Supporter
I just installed the Beta app on my android phone. Everything loaded much faster and the app is snappier moving between features. They added a feature for marking waypoints that looks new. If you click a marine area it will give you the tides for that area as well. You can get about a weeks worth of tides at a time. Seems to be a decent improvement I will be curious to see how it acts when it needs to load a regulations update. There are multiple "base maps" to choose from but no description on them. One appears to be exclusively for offline use. I put my phone in airplane mode and the app loaded up and didn't yell at me. There's a time stamp on the corner showing you when it last synced with WDFW servers.

Now give me a digital fishing license and catch record cards.

1000000589.png

DKL

Steelhead
I did too. So far it is way better. Very quick, the old one was very sluggish. In addition to tides, they include river gauge data which is pretty cool. This appears to be a step in the right direction.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Here's my beef. You can't tell the major rivers from the little feeder creeks by the line size.

Reactions: Zak

DKL

Steelhead
Here's my beef. You can't tell the major rivers from the little feeder creeks by the line size.
True. I had to try a couple times for one river before the one I tried to select came up.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
True. I had to try a couple times for one river before the one I tried to select came up.
OMJ would've loved it! lots of no-name little blue lines.
I sent in my complaint.