Fins

T

Tombraider

What fins do you all use, prefer? Float tube is in the mail, YA. I have some 30-year-old Cadis but want to upgrade. Kinda looking towards the Outcast Power Kick Fins.

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
What fins do you all use, prefer? Float tube is in the mail, YA. I have some 30-year-old Cadis but want to upgrade. Kinda looking towards the Outcast Power Kick Fins.
Are your Caddis fins the old green ones made out of the soft rubber? If so I have a use for them.....

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
If you go with the Outcast fins I would suggest throwing away all of the straps and buckles that come with them and replacing them with NRS cam lock straps. I can post pictures of how to modify them if you like.

T

Tombraider

Seens like Force and Outcast are alike. Yes, please show off your mod's. No I have black fins.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Force Fins and Yeti coolers-two of the most overrated and overpriced products you can buy but many do without any meaningful research....
They may be appropriately rated (or close, at least) but just "overpriced" is underrating just how overpriced they are.

Jellymon

Steelhead
Bucks Bags fins. I sold my force fins...
I use these as well. Easily adjustable, can be used with wading boots, are well made, and are reasonably priced. Only thing is boots above 13 probably won’t fit.

Attachments

• AAEFB25F-1AAE-417E-A098-FD8DB8A46E22.jpeg
    AAEFB25F-1AAE-417E-A098-FD8DB8A46E22.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 26
T

Tombraider

Do you guys use a safety strap on those buck bags. They look good.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I don't, probably should, but I'm usually fishing out of my Commander with oars, so it's not something I regularly think about.

T

Tombraider

Took a boot and a outer walking neoprene boot to look at the Bucks Bag. Both fit nice. That was half what I was going to pay, thanks for your info.

T

Tombraider

Seems my old flips have more flipper.

Attachments

• IMG_20220402_152110708.jpg
    IMG_20220402_152110708.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 44

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
These are my souped up Outcast flippers. I simply added extensions with barge cement and aluminum fasteners.
I wear sz 15 and the boots in the picture are sz 16 Simms Freestones.
The Outcast flippers are barely longer than my giant feet lol.
They work very well. I get great hole shot
and up on plane quickly. 🤣🤣

20191110_135941.jpg

Last edited:

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
These are my souped up Outcast flippers. I simply added extensions with barge cement and aluminum fasteners.
I where a sz 15 and the boots in the picture are sz 16 Simms Freestones.
The Outcast flippers are barely longer than my giant feet lol.
They work very well. I get great hole shot
and up on plane quickly. 🤣🤣

View attachment 10539
@Bakerite - time for you to post a picof your fins!

(I like my Force Fins - they work well for me)

T

Tombraider

Funny, that's what I was thinking about doing. See how these work. My fat cat is about here.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Safety straps are a hinderance until you loose one. That is when you will appreciate you had them. Much like a PFD, not useful until you need it...
yep...if I fished out of my actual float tube more (or some), I'd likely use some....as it is, it would simply be a hindrance, not a dangerous situation.

T

Tombraider

3 days from Colorado, sweet.

Attachments

• IMG_20220403_111823934.jpg
    IMG_20220403_111823934.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20220403_111833902.jpg
    IMG_20220403_111833902.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 23
T

Tombraider

Got some out back straps today. Tried to find velcro without sticky back, no luck so just spent that $20.