Finally, some good news about Salmon (Atlantic Salmon, but still good news)

Chucker

Steelhead
No mention of how many of those fish are escapees from fish farms. I don’t know about that particular run, but for a lot of Atlantic salmon runs, that’s all that actually comes in.

Zak

Legend
Maine ripped out a dam on the Penobscot River, that might have helped.

Still work to be done, though:

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
I did a student rotation at Eastern Maine Medical back in 1996 in the middle of winter. The housing was in the old Nurse's quarters and my room looked out over the Bangor Water works and site of one of the old dam structure there. I guess there used to be a pool there where the first salmon of the season would be presented to the President. It looked like water with potential back then, and It's cool to see this river restored. It's a solid chunk of good water with lots of wild headwaters. The whole estuary of the Penobscot (Or neighboring Kenebec) are huge eel/shad/striper/mackerel factories. It's no wonder the Great White shark attack several years back was not that far from the restoration. Seems like if they manage it right Maine's a destination summer+September fishery, alternatively it probably already is, and you just don't hear that much about it....