NFR Fave Instagrams?

Non-fishing related

flybill

Life of the Party
i have a few bourbon channels that friends run, but don't really use Instagram.. maybe I will as FB is just ads in your newfeeds more and more..

broads of bourbon
probably others but I can't recall after this long day

My FB typically posts on Instagram.. which is nice I guess..

RCF

Life of the Party
I am not on Twitter, X, Instagram, TicTok , or other social media sites. Am I missing out on anything? I think not.

I see posts here linking to those sites and posts. Not impressed at all. Helps me believe I made the correct decision to not join too.

Call me a dinosaur, I accept that readily. People do not understand the security risks nor impact on future employment opportunities .

Enjoy where you post. Just understand the risk/reward and potential impact to mental health.

flybill

Life of the Party
I am not on Twitter, X, Instagram, TicTok , or other social media sites. Am I missing out on anything? I think not.

I see posts here linking to those sites and posts. Not impressed at all. Helps me believe I made the correct decision to not join too.

Call me a dinosaur, I accept that readily. People do not understand the security risks nor impact on future employment opportunities .

Enjoy where you post. Just understand the risk/reward and potential impact to mental health.
You're not wrong at all! Although this forum site is also social media on a more basic way.

Facebook (Meta) gets worse and worse.. i use it for personal stuff like keeping up with close friends and family.. i play backgammon online and have whiskey and wine private groups.. cooking too

I use LinkedIn for business and it is a real resource! For fishing and wine and liquor too, but mainly jobs and learning new skills.. professional research..

They're only valuable if you use them wisely and don't ignore the real world!

RCF

Life of the Party
@flybill - you do have a basic understanding as well as use of social media. KUDOs to you. I just wish others did also.

There is a lot more risk than most even conceive could happen. I can not get into it for security reasons. I am not allowed to post on many social media sites without approval.

With the advent of AI and how it could be used is scary.

Easiest way to look at it is what is posted online exists forever. If it could impact you in the future in ways you could not imagine today, do not post it. Period.

flybill

Life of the Party
@flybill - you do have a basic understanding as well as use of social media. KUDOs to you. I just wish others did also.

There is a lot more risk than most even conceive could happen. I can not get into it for security reasons. I am not allowed to post on many social media sites without approval.

With the advent of AI and how it could be used is scary.

Easiest way to look at it is what is posted online exists forever. If it could impact you in the future in ways you could not imagine today, do not post it. Period.
I do get it, and post less these days than in the past. Things like cooking and general stuff I don't worry about.. I post fewer wineries than I go to because some friends have showed concerns and employers can look at things and come to assumptions about your personal life!

I've become very interesated in AI, and have some friends working on a company (startup) with Ethical AI. I'm going to pick up a couple of books on AI that seem interesting, but am open to suggestions if you have any. I know the broad strokes, but want to dig deeper. I was an IT guy for 20 years, as a web dev and social media expert. I still occasionally work on small sites and have a personal one I'm working on at the moment.

I've explored many parts of the web, including but not limited to the dark web.. at least with Tor.

I've dabbled with crypto and currency trading, but find it too risky for me. I consider myself risk adverse.. more long term. I did work for Microsoft, Merrill Lynch, WAMU, T-Mobile and many other large and small companies. I'm a sales guy first now, but will be leaving the liquor and wine industry as I find too many temptations. Hopefully I'll be with Orvis soon, as a fly fishing manager on the east coast.. Big changes on the horizon! But I have to get the job first.

Feel free to PM if you have anything you don't want to be seen out on the public forum.. although I'm under no illusion that anything in PM, Email, text, etc is vunerable to AI and other systems.. government and scammers for sure..

Cheers!
Bill

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RCF

RCF

Life of the Party
Probably the easiest way to look at is look at news articles about what the US bans regarding some electronics, chips and servers from use. Also look at news about concerns of who stores or shares the data. Look at public info of what is allowed on government phones. For the US government to publish info means it has been declassified. Use that as a starting point. It is 10 to 100 times worse.

If you think it could happen it has been going on for years actually.

Zak

Legend
I do get it, and post less these days than in the past. Things like cooking and general stuff I don't worry about.. I post fewer wineries than I go to because some friends have showed concerns and employers can look at things and come to assumptions about your personal life!

I've become very interesated in AI, and have some friends working on a company (startup) with Ethical AI. I'm going to pick up a couple of books on AI that seem interesting, but am open to suggestions if you have any. I know the broad strokes, but want to dig deeper. I was an IT guy for 20 years, as a web dev and social media expert. I still occasionally work on small sites and have a personal one I'm working on at the moment.

I've explored many parts of the web, including but not limited to the dark web.. at least with Tor.

I've dabbled with crypto and currency trading, but find it too risky for me. I consider myself risk adverse.. more long term. I did work for Microsoft, Merrill Lynch, WAMU, T-Mobile and many other large and small companies. I'm a sales guy first now, but will be leaving the liquor and wine industry as I find too many temptations. Hopefully I'll be with Orvis soon, as a fly fishing manager on the east coast.. Big changes on the horizon! But I have to get the job first.

Feel free to PM if you have anything you don't want to be seen out on the public forum.. although I'm under no illusion that anything in PM, Email, text, etc is vunerable to AI and other systems.. government and scammers for sure..

Cheers!
Bill
I thought that this was interesting AI news:

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I have a lot that I really like and follow, mostly various fishing ones and a few select friends. Why? because I like pictures. fish pictures. Facebook doesn't give me much of that.