SFR Falling Fish

Sorta fishing-related

Sam Roffe

If a man ain't fishing...
Forum Supporter
The craziest thing happened to the wife and I while dining outside at a nice restaurant on the Tacoma waterfront this evening. We had a bird drop a perch right between us. Missed us and our food by a few inches. We of course are laughing about it, the wait staff was pretty freaked out.

IMG_8451.jpeg

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
The craziest thing happened to the wife and I while dining outside at a nice restaurant on the Tacoma waterfront this evening. We had a bird drop a perch right between us. Missed us and our food by a few inches. We of course are laughing about it, the wait staff was pretty freaked out.

View attachment 107410
Sashimi grade!

Islander

Life of the Party
Several years back when I lived on Whidbey, an eagle had grabbed a big rainbow off the surface during the summer. Apparently when the lake would get hot, fish would tend to be more towards the surface in search of better oxygen content. Anyway, this eagle is flying towards its nest and looses its grip on the large trout. It drops into the backyard of a house just across the road while the family is having a picnic. I think it even made the local paper.

Edit, it wasn’t a picnic, is was in the front yard, but they did eat it!

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter

View attachment 107410

Nice. I’ve had that happen to me a few times in the past except it was digested and white when dropped on me.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter

View attachment 107410
I can’t remember what it was, but @Northern had birds dropping snacks on her deck, too, I think. That striped sea perch looks more appetizing than whatever she had delivered. @Sam Roffe Did you ask the restaurant to prepare it for you?

Sam Roffe

If a man ain't fishing...
Forum Supporter
I can’t remember what it was, but @Northern had birds dropping snacks on her deck, too, I think. That striped sea perch looks more appetizing than whatever she had delivered. @Sam Roffe Did you ask the restaurant to prepare it for you?
I wish I did. Couldn’t have gotten any more fresh than that eh?

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Wow, good memory - that was years ago! Yeah, we're over a half mile from the salt, as the crow flies. Looked out to see this on my deck one morning: pollack, maybe?
20211209_142520.jpg
20211209_143701.jpg

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Somewhat related: I was rummaging through my van in the driveway of a cabin on Hood Canal last week when a couple eagles flew into the big tree in the back (waterside) yard, making a big ruckus. Couldn't see them real well through the thick foliage to tell what the fight was about. When I went back there a few minutes later, this was at the foot of that tree. No idea why they didn't retrieve it
20240317_223432.jpg

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
During the first part of the pandemic, I found a rainbow trout in the street while out on a walk. My guess is that since it was in April, a osprey or eagle got a new stocker from one of the nearby lakes and happened to have dropped it. lots of big trees nearby as well. You could tell it was a rainbow even after it had been flattened out by a car tire.
SF