eGo 24'' electric snow blower-any experience?

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
This past winter was spent about 70 miles south of the Frozen Tundra in a far more mild climate with friends nearby and good shopping less than 15 minutes away. It was great, a real break from the isolation of the tundra and the 84 mile round trip for groceries. But despite the advantages there was still a lot of down time with nothing to do but watch TV. I got homesick and missed Ive's Cut and Try Tool and Die shop and all of the activities therein. Staying home next winter will save me about $9,000 and I intend to spend a lot of that just making myself comfortable here. To that end I have contracted a snow plow guy to keep my road open so that will eliminate the need to constantly keep fighting my 1,100' driveway after each new storm.

To keep things open between the house and barn I would like to buy the new eGo electric blower that I can keep on the covered front porch and just do spot removal on an as needed basis. The entire package is about $1,600 but I already have the charger and one battery and can buy another battery and the blower for under $1,200. A modest investment and no gas to screw around with. So my question is have any of you had experience with this machine? I have read many reviews but would like to hear from people in the PNW and what their experiences are.

Reviews are mostly positive but anyone that has read reviews knows that an item can be made from pure virgin unobtainium and be guaranteed for 100 years but some dimwitted dip shit who never reads directions will give it one star and call it a POS.

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
I am happy with my eGo self-propelled mower, but couldn't pull the trigger on either a cordless riding mower or snowblower. My Toro single-stage snow blower does much more than I expected it to do. I service it, siphon off the pre-treated fuel & run it dry at the end of the season and have had no regrets.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Neighbor has one, seems to do a decent job of clearing what is likely a 30' driveway.
I do notice my Ariens Compact 24 throws the snow further. Find very little maintenance required on it, treat each tank with Stabil, park it end of season, first snow the next winter plug in the electric cord, hit the start button, fires right up.
Do keep a plug-in Sno Joe electric thrower on the back deck, sure beats shoveling.