Dunked again

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
Light gray muddler dunked in the water at first light. About 4th or 5th cast and a nice fish is on. Landed about 3, missed a couple more. Fishing was pretty good before the sun came out then it slowed way down.

PXL_20220409_133008137.jpg

Then came my biggest lake rainbow ever, heaviest at least and this is all I got to show for it. POTY (Photographer Of The Year) award goes to @jasmillo for this incredible capture.

IMG_20220409_102404.jpg

You'll have to take my word for it, notice my left hand on what was the fish peduncle a split second before, and the distance between my 2 hands to support this behemoth.

Here a pic of said POTY shooting laser, as you can tell he's much better at this than shooting photos.

PXL_20220409_145045003.jpg

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
I’ll say this. It was 99% my fault, .5% your fault (handling skills) and .5% @Stonedfish fault for his damn nitrile gloves recommendations. Fish are really slippery when wearing those things :).

That was a pig! Felt horrible I missed the shot. Digging this lake thing though. It’s just what my wife wanted, another fishing option for me, ha. A few from me today. @Kfish is a much better fish photographer than I and a really good stillwater fisherman!

Smedium rainbow..

29219D42-69A3-45D8-8A52-10EFED75FA60.jpeg

Biggest of the day for me probably ~20 inches.

9C799CDA-1FC7-46EB-BF3C-925B80194759.jpeg

Another smedium bow…

5BC3D0B3-AC09-495F-B7F0-51B00E98D318.jpeg

Also stopped at a few beaches on the way home. No fish to be found at the first two. The last had fry and fish on them. Quickly hooked 3 and landed two before the wind picked up significantly and killed the bite. Nothing crazy. Both were like this guy…

DD459764-E9DC-4666-90DD-F7F09ECFB205.jpeg

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
@Kfish - that lake also gave me one of my heaviest lake rainbows! Nice pic of your big fish. ;-)

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
Then came my biggest lake rainbow ever, heaviest at least and this is all I got to show for it. POTY (Photographer Of The Year) award goes to @jasmillo for this incredible capture.

View attachment 11223

You'll have to take my word for it, notice my left hand on what was the fish peduncle a split second before, and the distance between my 2 hands to support this behemoth.
Oh sure, the ol' slap the water with your feet routine!