Drunk boating

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Aren't drunk boating and boating the same thing? Kinda redundant to add that first word....

(Don't worry, I don't even drink, I'm not out there wasted)

I’m sure the people who own the house don’t think they are the same. Likely some of the people on the boat as well.
SF

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Aren't drunk boating and boating the same thing? Kinda redundant to add that first word....

(Don't worry, I don't even drink, I'm not out there wasted)

There's good reason most yacht club weeknight races are dubbed "beer can races"....

jerry

Steelhead
The individual operating the boat should always be sober. A single beer may not hurt but combine that with the sun, heat and wind and things could go south real quick. I have been on boats with many people over the years (more than 60 years) and a time or 2 found myself the only sober one on the boat. The owner only gets one chance and I won't go out with them again. I have been on many "beer can races" over the years and the guy at the helm stays sober.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
There's good reason most yacht club weeknight races are dubbed "beer can races"....
raced a summer SF bay Friday night series (Cal 29) for a decade, and our rule was zero drinks during the race. After the race? Might as well have called the Sausalito pier we were berthed on with other boats in the race the Beer Collective..

Last edited: